List of Services offering in the https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in website to know your UAN status and UAN Login Activation…..
So you want to know about the services provided to the employees by the unified portal. Actually, the ‘member-interface’ of the unified portal is for the employees only and not for the employer or any other person. Actually, the unified portal presses for the linking of the Aadhaar to the PF account with the help of the UAN number. It is because only after the linking of the Aadhaar with the PF account the unified portal can provide all types of the services to the employees online.
Once one has linked UAN to the Aadhaar, an employee can avail any of these services through the member interface section of the unified portal of the EPFO. Let us quickly start with the types of services it can provide.
Actually, the facility to generate UAN online has been introduced in 2017 only. This facility can be availed even by the unemployed person also who is not currently the member of the EPF scheme. Isn’t it interesting? The process to generate the UAN online with the help of Aadhaar is quite simple. You just need to follow some simple steps to get it done. Let us quickly understand the process to generate the UAN online on the unified portal.
Checking the PF Balance with UAN in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
Checking the PF balance was one of the major problems faced by the employees of the yesteryear’s. But with the linking of the UAN to the Aadhaar, one can easily check the PF balance as it is directly connected to the KYC details of the employee. Do you want to know how you can check the PF balance online by using the member-interface? I can help you with that. The process is as such:
- Unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in website is the link to directly reach on the member interface page of the unified portal of the EPFO.
- On the right-hand side window, you will see some boxes asking for some details related to your UAN number. Fill in the details and then click on the ‘Login’ tab. This will help you to Login to your EPFO unified portal account.
- After a successful Login to the page, you will be easily able to see your updated passbook at any time. The service is available 24 hours a day without a hitch.
The passbook of the employee majorly consists of the following details:
- The monthly contribution towards your PF account from the employers’ side.
- Your contribution to the PF each and every month in your account.
- The contribution of the employer to the pension scheme of the employee.
- The current balance in the EPF account of the employee.
If you want, you can even download your passbook. Just click on the download tab placed near the passbook.
Keep an eye on all the EPF account activity:
Once you have linked your UAN and Aadhaar at the unified portal, you will get all the information related to credits or any charges related to the EPF account through SMS on their registered mobile number. There is an EPF mobile application also that can be used to check all the activities related to the EPF account. To know more you can give a missed call on 9718397183.
Submit all the EPF related claims online:
If you have Aadhaar linked to the UAN, you can easily present your EPF related claim to the EPFO with the help of the unified portal. For the validation of the claims, one does not need to reach out to the businesses. One can just access the unified portal with a Login and password and make a claim settlement.
For claim settlement, this process works very fast. Previously, the process required to submit the claim offline and one required to submit the composite claim form to the EPFO office. It used to take about 30days to settle the claim. There is no requirement of submitting any document with making an online PF Part Withdrawal case. In such cases, the online application is considered as the self-declaration. But there are some prerequisites for making a claim online. Some of them are:
- One must have UAN Activation.
- One must have the RMN (Registered Mobile Number) with him/her.
- One must have updated Aadhaar information.
- One must have an IFSC seeded bank account in EPFO database.
- One must have current and completed KYC detail.
- In case, the service tenure is less than 5 years, one must have a PAN number registered at the EPFO database. It is the prerequisite for the final PF settlement.
Together with the prerequisites, you must know the type of EPF claims that can be withdrawn online. There are actually 3 types of claims that can be settled online.
- EPF partial withdrawal
- EPS (Employee Pension Scheme) Withdrawal.
- Full and Final Settlement of the EPF.
So now, you know all. You just need to learn about how to apply for online EPF withdrawal process. The process is not complicated but needs a little knowledge about it. Let us start with the process.
- Reach out to the member interface section of the unified portal of EPFO or directly click on this link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
- Log in to this page with the help of UAN and password.
- Search for the ‘Manage’ section on the page and then click on the KYC link. There check your KYC status and modify it, if it is required.
- Now click on the ‘Online Services’ link. There, click on the Claim (Form-31, 19 and 10C).
- There, you will be asked to choose from the three types of claim settlements: (a) Full EPF Withdrawal (b) Partial EPF Withdrawal and (c) EPS (Employee Pension Scheme) Withdrawal.
- After selection, submit the request.
- You will get an OTP on your mobile number registered with UIDAI. You need to authenticate your submission of claim request by using this OTP.
- Once you have entered the OTP, you will get a message of successful authentication on the screen. When you get it, consider that your claim has been submitted successfully.
- After the successful submission of the claim request, if you feel like checking the status of it, you can easily do so by using the tab ‘TRACK CLAIM STATUS’.
Download UAN Card in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
Now the employees can download the UAN card from the portal and carry it wherever they go. This helps to print the passbook whenever needed. Actually, the UAN card contains all the details of the employee, so it is a very reliable ID. To download the UAN cards, you can simply follow these steps:
- Login to the unified portal of the EPFO using the member-interface page or simply click the link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
- Now after Login, look in for the ‘View’ section. Under it, search for the ‘UAN Card’.
- You will now be able to see the UAN card on the screen.
- Now you can easily download or print this card in the usual way.
For KYC, one needs the following details:
- National Popular Register
- Bank Account Details
- Driving License
- Ration Card
- Election Card
The process of updating the KYC on the portal is quite easy. You just need to remember the UAN. Login with the help of this and upload the required KYC details. The process to update the KY is as such:
- Login to the unified portal of the EPFO using the member-interface page or simply click the link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Now search for the ‘Manage’ tab on the screen. Click on that and in the list which appears, find the ‘KYC’ option.
- A list of related KYC information and documents will appear. Select the type of KYC information which you need to update.
- After you have updated the details, you will see that the status of the KYC has been changed to ‘pending’. Once the details are approved, you will be able to see the updated KYC information.
- After the approval from the employer, you will be able to see the status change as ‘Approved by Employer’. The information on the same will also be sent on your mobile.
So you have seen that there are endless services provided by the unified portal. You can access any of these services if you properly logged in to the portal. For this, you need to activate the UAN by just linking the Aadhaar to the PF account. Once it has been done, the employee can avail all the services online without a hitch. There are many other smaller services also which are available on the portal. We will discuss them later.