Checking Procedure on Universal Account Number UAN Allotment for Existing PF Account at unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in website…
The Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12-digit unique number that’s assigned to every employee making contributions to the Employee Provided Fund (EPF). This number is allotted by the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) and does not change no matter how many times you switch jobs. Instead, the EPFO only allots a new EPF Account (ID or member identification linked to the UAN.
Fortunately, the organization is now leveraging technology to ensure EPF members have a smooth ride when generating UAN or making EPF withdrawals. This is after the introduction of the UAN portal accessible anywhere anytime. If you’re looking forward to adding UAN to an existing EPF account, then this portal will come in handy.
That said, today we will take you through some of the things you need to know before you finally check your UAN allotment for the existing PF account. Keep on reading to find out more.
About Universal Account Number (UAN)
Before going any further, it is in your best interest that you understand what the UAN is all about. Well, this number ii mandatory for all employees as it goes a long way in allowing for effective management of their EPF accounts.
Steps to Check UAN Allotment for Existing PF Account
Checking UAN allotment for existing PF account online does not have to be the underlying reason why you’re going through a hard time. Provided you understand what is expected, it will only be a matter of time before you access the information you need.
To help you get started, below are the simple tips to follow whenever you want to check UAN allotment for an existing PF account.
- Open your most up-to-date web browser and type in https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/ on the search tab. Click on the ‘Enter’ button to initiate a search
- You’ll be redirected to the official UAN member portal. Here, you can see the Important Links section that is just below the Login details.
- Now click on the ‘UAN Allotment for Existing PF Account’ link
- A new page will appear on the screen of your device from where you have to enter your registered mobile number. Ensure the mobile number is linked to Aadhaar
- Next, correctly fill in the Captcha Code as it appears on the image
- Click on the ‘Get OTP’ option
- A One Time Verification Pin (OTP) will then be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP as shown the empty box aside for this detail
- Finally, enter the Member Details after which you can check the UAN allotment for the existing account
There you have it, what it takes to check UAN allotment for an existing account without encountering any issues whatsoever. Remember, there are no restrictions on how many times you can leverage the UAN member portal.