Know your Universal Account Number Status or UAN Status using Member ID / Aadhaar Number / PAN number at unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in website…..
Every employed person working in India must have a PF Account and a PF number which he or she will use to see and keep a record of his/her provident fund details. The PF Account is linked to the different employers of different firms. This means that in case an employee moves to another job, he or she will be given a new PF number, which is linked to the new employer. If you have changed jobs multiple times and you now have several accounts, you are expected to request Employees Provident Fund Organization to transfer all your previous funds to your current PF account.
In October 2014, this organization introduced a service where an employee can handle all his Provident Funds accounts under one platform. In this article we can see detailed process on UAN Status checking procedure.
So what is Universal Account Number (UAN)? This is a 12-digit number that is issued to all employees who are contributing towards their Employees Provident Funds. The number is given to employees to reduce the work of the employer in handling each employees’ EPF account. Employees find their UAN in their pay slips and if not you are encouraged to ask your Human Resource manager. The best part about using UAN is that after changing jobs, you will only need a new member ID, but your UAN shall remain the same.
Purpose of Universal Account Number?
UAN іѕ a Twelve dіgіt EPFO distributed numbеr thаt іѕ рrоvіdеd tо еасh EPF соntrіbutіng employer tо assign tо іtѕ еmрlоуее. An еmрlоуее’ѕ UAN remains thе ѕаmе аnd роrtаblе throughout thе employee’s life, whеthеr оr nоt thеу change jоbѕ оr hоw mаnу. Hоwеvеr, wіth еасh job еxсhаngе, a nеw mеmbеr identification numbеr (ID) іѕ рrоvіdеd bу EPFO, whісh іѕ lіnkеd tо thе еmрlоуее’ѕ UAN. Whеn сhаngіng into a new jobs, thе employee саn apply fоr a nеw Unique Identification bу рrоvіdіng thеіr UAN tо thе nеw еmрlоуеr. Thіѕ ID wіll аlwауѕ bе linked tо thе еmрlоуее’ѕ UAN, whісh wіll furthеr fасіlіtаtе аll EPF рrосеѕѕеѕ ѕuсh аѕ wіthdrаwаlѕ аnd transfers.
- Helps Centralize Employees Data:
The purpose of the Universal Account Portal is to centralize or put together all the employees’ data. This means that any employer can check out the employees’ data from any part of the country and this helps to save on time and resources.
- Transfer Funds
One of the roles of the UAN is to transfer funds from an employee’s previous account to the current one without having any issues. This organization has hugely simplified the whole UAN process, and this makes it easy to use. First, you need to confirm and get your UAN and KYC details verified by your new boss, and the accounts will be transferred. The whole process is more straightforward as it is done online. The main thing is to ensure that both the UAN and KYC details are accurate.
- Withdraw Your Employee Provident Fund
Back in the days for a person to withdraw his or her funds after switching to a new job, he or she will require their previous employer to sign their withdrawal request. But after the introduction of the UAN, all the employees account balances will be transferred to their current accounts without the verification of their previous employer.
- Check Your Employee Provident Balance
The purpose of the Universal Account Number is to help all employees access their provident funds, withdraw and also confirm how much PF balance is left. Everyone must know to verify their PF balance by downloading an EPF passbook or UAN Passbook from their online portal. One gets a message after their employer has deposited funds in the Provident Funds Account.
- Simplified The Claiming Process
The whole process of employees claiming the UAN has streamlined their funds. This is because both the EPS and EPF balances from your previous employer are transferred to your current account. This is great as it also helps the employees keep a record of all their funds. The UAN portal was created to simplify the whole process of getting your provident funds even when moving from different employer to another.
How To know your UAN number
There are two ways in which one can find out their UAN, and they include;
Through your employer
An employee can easily find his or her Universal Account Number from their new employer. He or she will give you the number allocated to you by the EPFO. You will see that other employers will print out your UAN in the salary slip too.
Through Universal Account Number Portal
Another way to get your UAN us by login into your online portal and acquiring the number.
How to track your EPFO UAN Status through unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
The following steps to give more data about on Universal Account Number Status shortly called as UAN Status. Here is the tracking process are as follows…
- Log in to the UAN online portal which offers the UAN services using this link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/.
- After logging into the above mentioned URL. On the screen, press on the tab with the option “Know your status” option.
- It will be redirected to a page where you will fill in the relevant spaces with the relevant information. Select your state and from the drop-down menu enter your member ID then followed by your other details like name, date of birth, registration mobile number, your email address, etc.
- Then press the option “Get Authorization Pin,” and a new set pin will be sent to your mobile number, and this is the same point where you get to see if your status is active or not.
- Insert your new pin number and click on the “Confirm the One Time Password and get UAN” option.
- After some few minutes, your Universal Account Number will be sent to your mobile number.
How to Tracking EPF Claim Status
Users of Epfindia website can also check their EPF claim status online. However, you will need to have an activated UAN in order to perform this action easily. With your activated UAN number, You can follow these steps to check PF status by UAN.
- Visit https://unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in Website
- Once in the site, you will have to select ‘Our Services’ option. This action will generate a drop down list from where you should select ‘For Employees’ option.
- Next, click on ‘Services’ option and a new page will appear on the screen of your Smartphone or Personal Computer. Here, click on ‘Know Your Claim Status’ link.
- You will then have to enter your activated UAN number in the box set aside for this option.
- Correctly enter the captcha image. Alternatively, click on ‘Refresh’ button to get a new captcha.
- Finally, click on ‘Search’ button and your EPF claim status will be displayed on the screen