Procedure on Seeding or Link Aadhaar Number without UAN / With UAN in iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/ website…
An Aadhaar number is a 12-digit number that is unique that given to people residing in India. This number is usually based on the demographic and bio-metric data of each Indian individual. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) regularly collects this data and complies it for the public. Aadhaar is now considered one of the best and largest bio-metric identification systems. Aadhaar number is widely used in India and is an essential tool used by employers.
With the establishment of the Employees Provident Fund, the government made it mandatory for all employees to ensure that their Aadhaar number is linked with the Provident Fund account. The Aadhaar card is also used for various services offered by EPFO, i.e. life insurance and monthly pensions.
The employee’s Provident Fund is a scheme that ensures all employees contribute a portion of their basic salary to help them when they retire. The Employee Provident Fund Organization instructed its members to safeguard thy link their account with Aadhaar. Failure to do so will lead to your account being closed.
The main reason for linking Aadhaar with your PF or UAN account is to make the verification process more straight forward in https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC website. It also allows for bio-metric and demographic analysis of employees. The EPFO has gone ahead and provided a platform for EPF Aadhaar linking process, which is hassle free both through online and through offline platforms.
There are benefits associated with Linking your Aadhaar number with UAN and PF account. Your Aadhaar number is a valuable identification tool. Once you connect it with your PF account, the verification process becomes flexible. The Aadhaar number also certifies further that you are an Indian resident this will which helps in the verification process.
By linking the two, your account becomes more secure. This is because no other party can withdraw your funds except you. It also fastens your withdrawal process. With the EPF Aadhaar link, you can quickly close your account. You can do it online without the consent of your employer. Linking your account also ensures that you do not duplicate your EPF account with a similar UAN.
Link Aadhaar number without UAN / With UAN at iwu.epfindia.gov.in
If anyone Employee may unable to get Universal Account Number from the employer. You can get the UAN from the UAN portal too. You have to go through the Unified Member Portal.
A step-by-step description on how to Link your Aadhaar number with your UAN / PF account online.
- The first step is you need to open the official EPFO website. This can be done by using this link https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/
- A page will open named as the ‘Employees Provident Fund Organization’. On the page you will be required to fill in your UAN and password that has been provided by the EPFO.
- Fill in your credentials (User ID & Password). Once the credentials are verified, you will see a tab ‘manager’. Click on this tab and select Know Your Customer (KYC) option.
- When you select the KYC option, the assigned fields that will require you to fill in your details will appear. These include your bank UAN, .
- You must ensure that the name used in your Aadhaar is the same name that you have used in registering your account.
- Make sure you check if all the information filled are correct. If there are errors ensure you correct them before moving to the next step.
- Select the ‘Submit’ tab. At this stage, your request will have successfully been submitted.
- Alternatively, there is also another way that you can link your Aadhaar with the PF / UAN using the offline platform by using the UMANG APP. It involves these steps UAN, Mobile Number, Confirm OTP, Aadhaar Number, Aadhaar verification and Captcha code. Click on Submit.
- Begin by downloading the UMANG APP. This app is available on the Google Play store and Apple IOS.
- On this app, you will realise that many online services are being offered. Search and click on the EPFO link.
- Click on the link this link which will direct you to the EPFO website.
- On the website go to KYC option and download an Aadhaar seeding form. If you are unable to download them through the site, you can walk to the nearest EPFO office and pick the form.
- Once you have the form fill in all your details including you Aadhaar and UAN number.
- Attach the form with your PAN and driving license.
- Once all the above procedures are fulfilled, submit these document to the nearest EPFO offices or the Common Service Centers (CSC).
With the help of the Bio-metric credentials on e-KYC Portal of the EPFO
You want to use this method then you only need the registered bio-metric device for Aadhaar verification.
- Visit https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/ You have to tap on the ‘Link UAN Aadhaar’ under the ‘For EPFO Members.’
- You have to add your UAN
- You will get the OTP at UAN registered mobile number
- Once you verify the OTP, you need to add the Aadhaar details.
- You have to choose the bio-metric method for the registration.
- Bio-metric will capture the registered mobile device.
- Once you verify it, Aadhaar will link to the UAN where UAN and the details of the Aadhaar matched.
Both of these procedures are easy and simple to follow. After submitting all the details, it usually takes around 15 business days to verify and link your Aadhaar number without UAN or with UAN at https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC. Once your account has been successfully authenticated, you will receive a text from the EPFO confirming that your link has been created. There are some cases where you request may be declined if such happens. It is important to contact your employer or visit the nearest EPFO offices to have the matter resolved.