EPF India website epfindia.gov.in to know PF Balance Check without UAN Number or with UAN or PF Number, UAN Login Employee, UAN Status, UAN Activation, EPF Claim Status, Universal Account Number UAN Card Print EPF Passbook in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in website….
EPF India official website is https://www.epfindia.gov.in/. If your income is taxable, you must be knowing that a big chunk of your salary is deducted in the name of EPF (Employee’s Provident Fund). It is a scheme basically planned to provide the salaried people a fixed value of money or income after the retirement. There is a central organization which looks into this matter of EPF and it is called EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization). In India, it is mandatory to register any company with the EPFO, if the company has more than 20 employees.
Actually, when one shifts the job, the significance of PF arises, as one has to transfer or withdraw the PF at the time of leaving or joining a new organization. Previously, the PF related issues were always in the hand of the employer. Even the generation of a simple UAN was in the hands of the employer. And when sometimes, employers somehow do not get able to generate the UAN on time, the employee had to face troubles (though the fault is not of the employee).
This scheme provides a type of social security to all the salaried persons of India. This scheme saves a part of an employee’s salary, which is provided to a person when he is somehow unable to work or when he retires.
The purpose of UAN:
The UAN helps the Indian citizens to change their jobs without having to worry about their existing provident fund accounts. They can also transfer their funds to their PF accounts without having to worry about anything. This will help many salaried individuals working in various sectors, including the government sector.
The UAN will be a unique identification number issued to all the provident fund users. Since all the companies allocate different ids to their employees, the UAN will act as a common connection between the employee and his employer. Then UAN will contain all the ids of an employer’s employees. This will help him to link up his provident fund account with his current member id which will be issued by his employer. In this way, the employee doesn’t have to go through the hassle of creating a new account.
|Organization Name||Employees’ Provident Fund Organization [EPFO]|
|Member Details||Universal Account Number (UAN)|
|Main Web Portal||https://www.epfindia.gov.in/|
|Toll Free Number||1800-118-005|
|Missed Call Number to Know PF Balance||011-22901406|
|Know your EPF Balance by SMS||7738299899|
|Complaints Registered website||https://epfigms.gov.in|
|UAN Member Portal||https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in|
The importance of owning a Universal Account Number (UAN)
There are various benefits of owning a UAN. Although it was initially optional and some employees never knew its importance, many have finally acknowledged their appreciation of owning one now. Below are a few benefits employees enjoy by owning a UAN account.
- Any employee who has a Universal Account Number is able to download an Employee Provident Fund passbook by simply logging into a UAN portal. All they need is provide their UAN number.
- Other than getting their EPF passbook, an employee is also able to change and update their KYC details provided. This will be of great help when they need to verify their accounts online.
- It gives them a hassle-free and stress-free PF withdrawal.
- The employee is also able to check their Employee Provident Fund balance through an SMS or a missed call.
- Once an employee activates their Universal Account Number, they become eligible for any online services provided by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). The employee is also able to access the UAN portal dashboard.
How to Get PF (Employees Provident Fund)?
You cannot withdraw money from your PF account as easily as you do from your savings / current account. Generally, the mid-withdrawal of the EPF is not allowed. There are some conditions which needs to be met if one wants to withdraw money in the middle:
- If a person has no job at the time when one applies for the withdrawal of EPF.
- If a person is planning to settle abroad.
- If a person has taken up a job in a foreign country.
- If the employee is a female and she is withdrawing money for the purpose of marriage.
- If you are planning to get married.
- If the purpose of withdrawal is the education of yourself, your children or your sibling.
- If you want to meet some emergency medical expenses or your spouse, children, dependent or for yourself.
- If you are repaying some house loan.
- If you are paying for the repair/alterations of your home.
- If you’ve completed the 7 years of your service.
Caution: You can withdraw EPF in all such conditions, but you are not allowed to withdraw the total EPF in all the cases. After 7 years of service, you can withdraw only 50% of your EPF. For repaying the housing loan, you need to complete at least 10 years of service. To meet the expenses of the alteration of home, you need to have at least 5 years of service experience and for the repairs at least 10 years.
It is highly advised that you must not withdraw your EPF unless you are in a dire stage. If you have decided to withdraw your PF in the middle of your service or after your retirement, there are various ways to do that.
- Without employers signature: (a) With Aadhaar card and (b) Without Aadhaar card.
- With EPFO Digital Signature
Let us discuss all the ways in which you can withdraw your EPF.
1. Without Employers Signature:
Formerly, it was necessary to have the employer’s signature on the form, if you want to withdraw your EPF. Sometimes it was very difficult for the employees to do that because of many a reason. Now the EPFO has removed this mandatory condition. In place of it, a person can withdraw the EPF with the UAN (Universal Account Number) linked to their Aadhaar Card and the EPF Account. There are two ways to withdraw your EPF without the Employers Signature:
(a) With Aadhaar Card:
To withdraw EPF using an Aadhaar Card employees need to access the EPFO’s member portal and link their Aadhaar card and bank account details to it. They not only need to link their bank account and Aadhaar card but also verify the same. After the whole process of verification, the UAN gets activated. Note that the EPF cannot be withdrawn if the UAN has not been activated. Once you get the UAN, you need to download and fill in the forms:
- Form 19 – UAN.
- Form 10C – UAN
It is necessary to fill in such information in the form which matches exactly with the details in the Aadhaar card and the bank account. The form on the portal asks for entering the information like the name, registered mobile number, address, PAN Number, date of joining, a reason for leaving etc. All the information needs to be filled very deliberately, else your request may get rejected. In addition, an employee needs to attach a canceled cheque and submit it to the regional EPFO office.
(b) Without Aadhaar Card:
The process of PF withdrawal without an Aadhaar Card is a bit complicated. But in case, it is not possible to do it with Aadhaar this is the ultimate way. You first have to decide from where you need to make a withdrawal of your EPF. After that, you need to download the three forms from the member portal of the EPFO site: (a) Form 19 (b) Form 31 and (c) Form 10C. After filling the form, you need to get it attested by some authorized person, most probably a Gazetted officer, magistrate etc. This is very difficult thing to do. Actually, you need to take the signature of the authorized person on every page of the form.
In addition, you need to attest an indemnity bond on a 100 rupee stamp paper. You also need to attach the payslips, appointment letter, employment ID etc. For not getting the Employer’ signature you have to state the reason for it. Write ‘non-cooperation’ as the main reason. As the EPFO office asks for the address and identity proof, a KYC document, attested form and cancelled cheque can be reasonably submitted at the EPFO Office.
2. With Employer’s Signature:
To make the process of withdrawal simple for the employees, the EPFO has introduced a depository of Employer’s signature which contains digital signature. The employer signature are required even when an employee shifts organization. Previously, it was necessary to fill Form 13 and get it signed by the employer. Now this can be done with the digital signature of the employer. Either get the digital signature on the form, or get the physical signature of the EPF withdrawal forms.
No Transfer of Funds Required
Bеfоrе thе introduction оf thе UAN, thе trаnѕfеr оf thе PF amount frоm оnе еmрlоуеr’ѕ account tо аnоthеr wаѕ a lоng аnd tedious рrосеѕѕ. Nоw, thеrе іѕ nо nееd tо transfer fundѕ.
Tо сhаngе thе ассоuntѕ, ѕіmрlу ѕhаrе thе KYC аnd UAN details wіth thе nеw еmрlоуеr. Aftеr checking thеѕе dеtаіlѕ, thе PF аmоunt frоm thе оld account іѕ automatically trаnѕfеrrеd tо thе nеw account.
Fоr оld PF ассоuntѕ thаt hаvе bееn ореnеd bеfоrе thе UAN аѕѕіgnmеnt, thе trаnѕfеr іѕ ѕtіll реrfоrmеd wіth bоth dіgіtаl аnd рhуѕісаl mеаnѕ.
PF Balance Check without UAN Number in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
It is very easy to know the Employee PF Balance check without UAN Number or with the help of UAN Number. Do you know what a UAN Number is? If you don’t know, let me help you with that. Actually, UAN number is a 12-digit number which is given to all who are having a PF account in India. The major benefit of having a UAN number is that any PF account holder can check or withdraw the EPF Balance check with UAN number without any requirement of employer’s recommendation or signature at epfindia.gov.in website. If a person has multiple PF account, all the accounts can get linked to the same UAN Number.
Generally, the UAN Number is on your salary slip. To check if the UAN is activated or not visit the site and check. If it has not been activated, you need to submit your KYC on the EPFO site, after that you need to enter the OTP sent on your mobile.
There are various ways in which you can check your PF Balance without UAN Number.
With the help of UMANG App:
This app has been in the news for quite a long time. Actually, the full form of the UMANG is Unified Mobile App for New Governance. Due to its friendly interface and ease of use, it has been praised at all the levels of bureaucracy. The app is available to be downloaded from the Google Play Store free of cost. This App not only allows the employees to check the balance and other details, but also to make the withdrawal requests. On this app you can check the passbook, even if you have not linked your Aadhaar. But one cannot make the withdrawal without Aadhaar linking.
The link to download the App from the Google Play Store.
Once you download the App, it will ask you to select the language of your choice in which you want to see the information on the App. After selection, just give the permissions by pressing the ‘Allow’ button. Now there are two ways to login and access the information related to your EPF account. First, by the use of UAN and Mobile number and second, by the use of Aadhaar Number.
Check Online on EPF India site
If somebody wants to find the PF balance without UAN number or PF Number in detail, accessing the details online is always advisable. For this, you first need to reach the EPFO site’s Member interface. You can go through the direct link for getting an access to the UAN (Universal Account Number) Member e-SEWA page. If you want to save the link for using it later in epf India web portal
Now after reaching the portal, you need to enter your UAN password and the Captcha given. Remember, this method can only be used if you have linked your Aadhaar to your EPF account and you have an activated UAN. After you have logged in with your correct details, you will see that there is an option for accessing your updated passbook. Access your passbook from there to check the balance. In your passbook, you get the following details:
- Latest EPF Balance you have.
- Your PF contribution made each month.
- Monthly PF Contribution made by the Employer.
- The contribution made by the employer towards the employee pension scheme.
This is an easy and good way to get the communication message related to your PF Balance without using UAN or PF. You can get the information in many regional Indian languages, along with English and Hindi. You just need to send a message on the number ‘7738299899’. The format of the message should be: EPFOHO UAN
This will send you a message on mobile in English. In place of ENG, you can write the first three words of any regional language in which you want the SMS. The SMS you get on your registered mobile number will have the information of your name, EPF balance, date of birth and the last contribution you made to you EPF.
By Missed Call:
If you have the UAN registration, you can check PF Balance with a missed call. The number on which you need to make a missed call is 011 22 901 406.
EPF Balance Check with PF Number
Epfindia Website contains every piece of information that you may need to know concerning EPF. This includes checking your PF balance with or without UAN. Below is a step by step guide on how to check your EPF balance using your PF Number or UAN number in Epfindia website.
EPF Balance Check Using PF Number in passbook.epfindia.gov.in Website
- Open your installed web browser and type in https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in on the address bar.
- Once in the site, you will have to click on ‘Our Services’ tab. This action will generate a drop down box containing different services. From this drop down box, click on ‘For Employees’ services.
- You will be redirected to a new page on the site from where you should click on ‘Member Passbook’ option that is under services.
- A new page will be displayed on the screen of your device asking you to enter the UAN and password.
- After typing in your UAN and password, click on ‘Login’ button. This action will redirect you to your account in unified portal official website.
- Place your mouse cursor on ‘Account’ option and a list of services will then be displayed.
- Click on the specific member ID to see your passbook. The Passbook will contain the Employers and Employees contribution.
How to register the UAN [Universal Account Number] at unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in ?
As stated earlier, merely generation of the UAN is not enough. You have to register the same UAN on the official site of the UAN. The process to do so is quite simple. Here, I am delineating some of the steps which one needs to follow if he/she has to register the generated UAN on the official Unified Portal Epf India website. The steps are as follows:
- Visit the UAN Epfindia official website of the Unified Portal. The link of the official site is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Now under the ‘Important links’ section present at the lower right-hand corner screen, you will be able to see a hyperlink ‘Activate UAN’ written in bold. Click on this link. You can activate the UAN with the help of any one of the following IDs: Member ID, PAN, UAN and Aadhaar number. So, you first need to select the ID with which you wish to activate the UAN.
- After selecting the ID, you will need to enter the following details manually: Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Captcha and Email ID
- After entering all the details correctly, you need to click on the tab highlighting the text ‘Get Authorization PIN’. Once you click on that, you will get the authorization PIN on your mobile as well as your email ID.
- Enter the authorization PIN on the screen and then click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- If all goes well and the credentials are successfully verified, the screen page will notice that all the member’s credentials are verified.
- After this, the screen also helps the member to generate the login ID and password to get access to all the featured of the Unified Member portal of the EPFO. Well, in all the cases, the user Id is the UAN number of the member. You just need to enter the UAN number and the password of your choice for the registration.
- Once you have entered the UAN and the password, you are registered and the process of registration is over. After successful registration, the member will get the message of the successful registration on the UAN driven member portal. The message will be forwarded on the registered mobile number as well as the email ID. You will get the notification of the same on your screen also. One needs to remember or note down the username and password if they want to make further use of the portal in future. Note: Always remember that your UAN will be your user ID.
How to Activate Employee UAN Login ID (UAN Activation Procedure) at Epf India website?
The launch of the EPFO unified portal is an attempt to simplify this process. Now it provides various services online, which reduces the need to use a lot of paper and to visit many offices to get the work done. To access the facilities provided by the portal, one has to use the ‘Member Unified Portal’. One can use this portal by logging in to the www.epfindia.gov.in. But one can only get access to the member Unified Portal if one possesses a UAN and the UAN is activated as well. I have already discussed the process of UAN generation and its activation in detail.
Universal Account Number commonly known as UAN is a number that helps the Indian government in keeping track of all employees. It is important that you activate your UAN since it is used in downloading your updated Passbook. In addition to this, you can also use your updated UAN to update KYC information online. After registering your UAN, you will need to activate it in Epfindia website by making use of the step by step guide given below:
- You will first have to visit Epfindia website by using https://epfindia.gov.in as the link.
- Once in the site, click on ‘Activate UAN’ link.
- Enter the Universal Account Number in the space set aside for this information.
- Alternatively, you can decide to use the Member ID option.
- Select your state from the list provided.
- Next, select office from the drop drown list.
- Fill in your region and office details
- You will also have to enter the Estate Identity, Estate Extension and Member ID.
- Key in your Aadhaar details correctly in the space allocated for this option.
- Now enter you PAN correctly.
- You will also be expected to fill in your personal details. These details include name, Data of Birth, registered mobile number and email ID.
- Enter the captcha image before clicking on “Get Authorization Pin” button.
- Finally, fill in the authorization pin after which you should click on “Submit” button. Your UAN will then be activated.
Note: Alternatively, UAN can be activated using the UMANG app of the EPFO and by sending an SMS on 7738299899 in the form: EPFOHO UAN.
How to make a UAN Login Employee ?
This problem identification motivated the EPFO to introduce a new way of UAN generation. This way do not restrict the UAN generation to the employer, rather it enables the employee to generate the UAN themselves with the help of the Aadhaar. This is a self-generation UAN based method. The process is quite simple. One just needs to have an Aadhaar card linked to a registered mobile number. While generating the UAN, the employee or a prospective employee will need to input data for verification, after which one gets an OTP on the registered mobile number. Once the person enters the OTP, the system automatically detects and fetches all the basic details linked to Aadhaar.
Now, when you have activated your UAN Login, the process of UAN login Activation at the EPFO portal to access, check and withdraw the PF is very easy. Just open the EPF India website and reach directly to the UAN Login page. On this page, you will need to enter your User ID and password. Remember, the User ID here is the UAN Number that you have got and the password would be same as you have received in your mobile while activating the UAN.
I think, you must have the saved SMS with you. Don’t you? If you have lost the SMS, don’t worry, click ‘forgot password’ link and an OTP will be sent again on your mobile number, which can be used to reset the password. Now use that password and UAN Number for the Login.
How to track UAN status
Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) allots UAN number to every employer on behalf of the employee. This is usually done after the employer fills in KYC details and forwards them to EPFO. As soon as EPFO allots the UAN, an employer will issue it to the employee. EPF members can then check their UAN status online at any time of the day. To do this successfully, you will need a Member ID, PAN number or Aadhaar Number. Below is a guide on how to check UAN status online.
- Open your installed browser I.e. Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer and type in https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in on the search bar of your web browser.
- Once In the site, click on ‘Know Your UAN Status’ tab.
- You will be redirected to a new page from where you should select the option for checking UAN status I.e. Using PF number, Member ID, PAN number or Aadhaar number.
- When using member ID, you will have to provide the saved ID. It is highly advisable that you use Aadhaar option if your UAN detail was created using Aadhaar.
- If you receive a message notifying you that the UAN is already generated, then simply provide your personal details for verification purposes. The details required include Email ID, Date of Birth (DOB), registered mobile number and name. You will also have to enter the password in order to access UAN portal.
- A One Time Verification Pin (OTP) will then be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP correctly in the column.
- If your UAN is not allocated, then an option to create a new UAN will appear. You will get the details of your UAN if it has already been allotted.
Process on Forgot Uan Password Reset in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
In case one Forget UAN Password, one can easily reset it with the help of the registered mobile number. In case you have changed your mobile number and you have forgot UAN Login password also, then also you can reset UAN password. But in this case, it is necessary that all your details like Aadhaar number, PAN Number, Gender, Name and DOB matches exactly with your UAN. The steps to change the password are as such:
- Visit the Epfindia website of the UAN with the link: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
- In the Login window, you will find ‘Forgot Password’ written in the bottom left hand side. Click it.
- When you do that, it will ask for your UAN and Captcha, and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- After this, a screen appears, on which you will be able to see the mobile number which is linked to your UAN. Remember, if your phone number has been changed, don’t click on ‘Verify’ tab that appears on the screen. Click on ‘No’. You can change the mobile number at this stage.
- Now, on the screen that appears next, enter your complete and accurate details like Name, DOB, Document Number, KYC information etc. Now, click on ‘Verify’.
- The procedure can now get further, only if, entered details matches the UAN. If it is verified, enter your new mobile number and fill in the OTP you get on that new mobile number.
- Now it will ask you to enter a new password twice. Enter the same password twice. Now wait until you get the information that your password has been changed successfully.
- Once you get the message you are done with the process. Now you can Login with the new password on the EPFO site.
How to Link Aadhaar with UAN Number at iwu.epfindia.gov.in
For some particular purposes, the employees sometimes need to have a KYC approved by the employer. The EPFO unified services portal has made it possible for the employees to update the KYC detail related to the PF account and get it approved from the employer.
The process to update the KYC detail on the portal is also quite easy. One just needs to enter the Aadhaar, bank account number and PAN number to update the KYC. If one wishes, one can enter the details of the driving license, passport and election card as well. If the KYC is approved, it makes the claim process very easy. So it is best to update the KYC detail online by using the EPFO unified services portal.
Note: To avail any service on the portal, one needs to possess a KYC that has been verified by using Aadhaar / PAN.
Thеrе are total 3 wауѕ tо Link UAN tо Aаdhааr or Connect Uan with Aadhaar Number, рrоvіdеd thаt thе UAN іѕ active:
- By Uѕіng thе UMANG mobile app
- Uѕе оf Bіоmеtrіс сrеdеntіаlѕ оn thе EPFO e-KYC portal
- Uѕе оf thе OTP verification оn thе EPFO е-KYC portal
Here there are two procedure to either update or Link Aadhaar number with UAN or By Login using User ID and Password.
- In the First process i.e Link Aadhaar with UAN every employee must enter your Universal Account Number.
- After Enter the valid mobile number linked to your UAN account.
- One Time Password will be sent to your registered mobile number after that you must confirm your OTP.
- Select your Gender and Type your Aadhaar Number.
- After that you can choose either using mobile / email based OTP or using Bio Metric.
- Then Enter the Captcha code as shown in the image. Click on Submit. That’s it.
- Coming to the Second process. You just enter your User ID and Password. Click on Login.
- After logon into the https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/ you must click on “Link UAN Aaadhaar”. Then you must verify the UAN as follow the above procedure.
How to check epf claim status at epfindia.gov.in?
Up to now, you have got a clear idea about how to register for the UAN and check the PF status. In this section, we are discussing about how to check the EPF Claim status on the official Epf India website. In the previous days, one has to go again and again to the regional PF office to check his / her EPF claim status. This was very time-consuming and frustrating for some. To give relief to the employees, the EPFO has decided to enable the employees to check the status of their EPF claims online. The process is very simple. Follow these steps to check your EPF status:
- Reach the official site of the https://www.epfindia.gov.in
- The very first tab on the page is ‘Our Services’ tab. Click on that. From the drop-down menu that appears select the ‘For Employees’ option.
- As you can see in the widow above, there are three important headlines. In the Services section, click on the hyperlink ‘Know your claim status.’ In the window which appears next, enter the UAN and captcha code.
- After that, in the new window, select your PF office and enter your PF account number. After that just click the ‘Submit’ tab. You are now all done. Now you can easily check the status of the claim in epfindia portal.
Alternatively, you can get the information through SMS, if you wish. But it is possible only if you have linked your mobile number to your account. The process is automatic. If you have made application for claim in the regional PF office, you will get a prompt of your claim settlement on your mobile via SMS. This is an automatic process and you do not need to make any special effort for that. Once the money is transferred to the claimant’s account, he / she receives the information of the same via SMS.
Make the claim settlements online:
Previously, before the launch of the unified portal, the process of claim settlement was tedious for many. But with the launch of the portal, the process has been made very easy and handy. You need to have a UAN if you are an employee. In addition to the generation and activation of the UAN, one also needs to seed the KYC against their UAN and it should also have to be approved by the employer. If you have matched all of these conditions at the online portal, most probably, you will not face any problem in the claim settlement.
If you don’t know the online pf claim process, I can explain it to you in detail later. Remember, if you work in an organization that is an exempted PF trust, the unified portal cannot help you anyhow in the claim settlement process. In this case, you have to submit your PF withdrawal claim to the Trust in person.
Process on EPF Death claim filing by beneficiary
Bеfоrе ѕubmіttіng thе оnlіnе application fоrmѕ, уоu muѕt еnѕurе thаt thе pre-requisite іѕ аn EPF mеmbеr. Furthеr mоrе, аll dеtаіlѕ оf thе beneficiary ѕhоuld hаvе bееn uрdаtеd undеr thе e-Nomination lіnk оf thе UAN mеmbеr роrtаl or Epfindia UAN portal.
Prеѕеntаtіоn оf thе death аррlісаtіоn bу thе bеnеfісіаrу
Follow thе ѕіmрlе steps bеlоw іf уоu wіѕh tо complete thе “Request fоr dеаth bу beneficiary” аt httрѕ://unіfіеdроrtаl-mеm.ерfіndіа.gоv.іn/ wіthоut еnсоuntеrіng аnу рrоblеmѕ.
- Yоu wіll fіrѕt nееd tо vіѕіt thе Unіfіеd portal fоr EPFO members. Tо dо thіѕ, ореn уоur fаvоrіtе web brоwѕеr аnd type https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/ іn thе search bаr bеfоrе ѕtаrtіng a search. Thіѕ асtіоn wіll redirect уоu tо thе home page оf thе Unified EPFO mеmbеr portal.
- Onсе the Epfindia web роrtаl will be opened, сlісk оn thе link “Death claim filing by beneficiary” Thіѕ lіnk саn bе сlеаrlу seen іn thе “іmроrtаnt lіnkѕ” section оf thе раgе.
- Yоu wіll bе rеdіrесtеd tо a nеw раgе оn thе wеbѕіtе, frоm whісh уоu wіll hаvе tо еntеr аll thе dеtаіlѕ аѕ реr EPFO records. Amоng thе mоѕt іmроrtаnt dеtаіlѕ, іt іѕ nесеѕѕаrу tо еntеr UAN, Aаdhааr оf thе bеnеfісіаrу, Nаmе оf thе beneficiary, Dаtе оf bіrth оf thе bеnеfісіаrу, tо nаmе a fеw.
- Enter thе Cарtсhа соdе аѕ іt арреаrѕ іn thе image. If уоu can’t ѕее аnуthіng, уоu ѕhоuld сlісk оn thе “Uрdаtе” buttоn, аnd a nеw captcha wіll арреаr.
- Nоw сlісk оn thе “Gеt Authorization Pіn” option, аnd a ѕіnglе Vеrіfісаtіоn Pіn wіll bе ѕеnt tо thе рауее’ѕ mоbіlе numbеr соnnесtеd tо Aadhaar. Inѕеrt thе vеrіfісаtіоn ріn аnd сlісk оn thе “Sеnd” buttоn.
- Aftеr ѕubmіttіng thе verification ріn, уоu саn submit thе PF death сlаіm forms wіth thе EPFO оnlіnе.
NOTE: Mаkе ѕurе thаt аll thе dеtаіlѕ provided durіng thе соmріlаtіоn оf thе “Rеԛuеѕt оf dеаth оf thе EPF реr bеnеfісіаrу” fоrm соrrеѕроnd tо thоѕе іn thе EPFO роrtаl.
Following thе рrеvіоuѕ steps, уоu wіll nеvеr еnсоuntеr рrоblеmѕ whеn уоu соmріlе “Request fоr dеаth bу bеnеfісіаrу” оn thе роrtаl оf EPFO mеmbеrѕ. Fоrtunаtеlу, уоu саn реrfоrm thіѕ auction аt аnу tіmе оf thе dау thаt уоu fіnd аttrасtіvе. Hоwеvеr, уоu wіll nееd a ѕtrоng Internet соnnесtіоn аlоng wіth аn Intеrnеt-еnаblеd device, bе іt a ѕmаrtрhоnе, a tablet, оr a реrѕоnаl computer.
EPF Interest Rates
Record of the EPF shows that the EPF interest rates have kept on changing since year 1952. In 1952, the EPF interest rate was only 3%. After that, the interest rates kept on increasing. The maximum interest on the PF money was given between the periods 1989 to 2001, which was 12%. Now, the interest rates have reduced. The EPF interest rate for the year 2017-2018 is set at 8.55%. It is the lowest rate since the year 2012.
EPF Uan Member Passbook download in passbook.epfindia.gov.in
UAN Member Passbook is the facility given to all the EPF account holders, with the help of which they can check online all their EPF information. One can very easily get an access to the UAN EPF Member Passbook. There are two major requirements to get an access to the e-Passbook,
- EPF account holder must be registered with the Unified Member Portal, and
- The employer must have uploaded the e-Challan and return.
While registering on the EPFO portal, you will need to give and fill the following information: Mobile Number (on which you always want to receive the SMS and the PIN Number), Bank Account Number, Aadhaar Card Number, NPRN (National Population Register Number), PAN Number, official Name, Ration Card Number, Driving License, Email ID and Passport Number (if any).
I think, it is easy for all to submit the above information, if anyone is a citizen of India and is holding an EPFO account. After filling the above information, enter the correct captcha code to get a PIN on your registered mobile number. Enter it and you will get a confirmation message about the successful registration. Now you can login to member portal easily.
Remember, after registration, the passbook will be available only after the 6-hours of registration. 6 hours after login, if you wish, you can again change your details like mobile number, email ID etc. From the main page, you can easily download the e-Passbook. While downloading, you will always be asked to select the state. Select that state where you can easily reach the PF office. The site itself helps you search the PF Office.
Direct UAN Allotment by Employees
Thе ѕtерѕ tо generate nеw UAN using thе nеw unіfіеd роrtаl аrе рrоvіdеd bеlоw.
- First, search for the unified member portal link on the Google and click on it to open. Or if you want to generate the UAN right now. The official link to the home page of the unified portal is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Now you will find a dedicated section on the page with the heading- important links. Here, in this section, you will find a hyperlink with the heading ‘Direct UAN Allotment’, click on that.
- On the new screen which appears next, you need to enter your Aadhaar number. After entering the Aadhaar number, you will need to click the ‘Generate OTP’ tab. But before clicking on this tab make sure that you have the mobile device with a registered mobile number near you. After clicking the generate OTP tab, you will get the OTP on your registered mobile number.
- On the next screen enter this OTP. A disclaimer agreement will appear next which you need to give consent to if you want to generate the UAN. Accept this disclaimer and then readily click the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Once you do that, you will get the Aadhaar related personal details on your screen. Here is where you can verify all your details. If all the details are correct, proceed on to fill the requested mandatory data. It asks for the details about your marital status, email ID and qualification.
- If you have filled in all the details properly, enter the captcha given at the end of the screen. (Note: you need to select the checkbox before the disclaimer section).
- Now click on the ‘Register’ tab present at the bottom of the screen. This helps to allow the UAN instantly. You will get the message of the same at the screen also.
- But if you think that you are all done by now, you are wrong. Now you will need to register this UAN on the official UAN site. The link to the official UAN site is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/. Visit the portal again and then click on the Activate UAN under the important links section.
- Once activated, this UAN can be submitted to the employer at the time of joining. This will help the employer to quickly joint your EPF account to your UAN.
How to verify / update Aadhaar Number in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
To update/verify Aadhaar or KYC update in UAN website, you have to first register yourself and then login to the portal. If you have already registered, and have made a login on the portal, the process to be followed for updating and verifying Aadhaar is very easy for you. For this, you need to reach to the official page of the EPFO site:
Open the official UAN membership page of the EPFO site or directly click the link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
- Now login with your UAN and password.
- Now in your profile page, search for the ‘Manage’ tab.
- From the drop-down list, select the ‘KYC link’.
- You will find a checkbox there for Aadhaar, check that.
- Now you are able to update your Aadhaar Number and Name. Enter the Aadhaar Number and the correct name as mentioned on the Aadhaar and then click on ‘Save’.
This is how one can update / verify Aadhaar on EPFO site. Isn’t it very simple?
How to check pension status in mis.epfindia.gov.in website?
Now you do not need to stand in long queues to know your pension status. To make the process of knowing the status of Pension easier, the EPFO has developed a dedicated portal especially for pensioners. Through this portal you can get access to a variety of services like tracking KYC norms to knowing the pension payment status etc. If you have a Jeevan Pradhan ID, the process is very easy for you. Just login to your dedicated Pension portal and access all the information.
You can find out various types of information with the help of this portal. The information about when the pension was credited in your account, pensioner’s payment order detail, pensioner’s payment order number etc. can all be accessed after login. You can even submit the pensioner’s life certificate online on this site to be used by the EPFO.
The process of Login on the Pension Portal is as such:
- Visit the official site of the EPFO.
- There on the left hand side bottom area, you will find a hyperlink for the pensioner’s portal. Click on that.
- Now, you will get a new window asking for your Jeevan Pradhaan ID. Just enter that. As said earlier, Jeevan Pradhan ID is mandatory if you want to Login. After entering the Jeevan Pradhan ID, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Now on the screen that appears next, you will be able to access all the information related to your pension account.
Now on the screen that appears next, you will be able to access all the information related to your pension account.
How to download / print updated UAN / EPF Passbook anytime?
In order to download/print the passbook, it is necessary that you have an activated UAN. Without an activated UAN, it is not possible to make any download. We have already discussed the process of activating the UAN, so let us directly jump on to the process of downloading and printing the passbook.
The process is very simple. Just login to the EPFO portal. There you will find a hyperlink stating ‘Download e-passbook’. Click on that link. On the window which appears next, enter following information:
- Your EPF office location and state in which it is located.
- PF code of the employer.
- PF account number of the employee.
When you enter all of this, you will get a PIN on your registered mobile number. This is for the purpose of your account authentication. Now, if you succeed to authenticate with the PIN, you can now download the passbook easily. If you have accessed your EPFO account for the first time, the e-passbook will be available for the download after 3 days of registration.
How to download UAN card?
Do you know what UAN card is and when is it used? Actually, UAN card is a card which contains the information about the employee. It has a 12 digit UAN number on it which is essential for accessing the Epfindia portal. The UAN card that an employee gets is required necessarily when one switches job. Whenever you switch a job, you get a new EPF account. The new employer always asks for the UAN card to link your new EPF account with it.
UAN card is one of the most important documents issued by EPFO to employers. This is mainly because it contains every piece of information relating to the employees. Furthermore, a new employer will need you to produce the UAN Card in order to link your EPF account with the establishment account. EPFO has now allowed members the opportunity to download their UAN Card from the Member e-Sewa portal. However, you must make sure that your UAN is activated. Follow the simple steps below to download and print your UAN Card.
- Go to the Member e-Sewa portal by typing in https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/ on the address bar of your web browser.
- Enter your UAN number and password as the login details. Click on “Login” button to access your account.
- Once in your account, you will have to place the mouse cursor on “View” section. This action will open a drop down box from where you should select UAN Card / option.
- Your UAN Card will then be displayed on the screen of your device.
- Finally, download the UAN Card into your personal computer by clicking on ‘Download’ button. To print the card, simply click on ‘Print’ button.
Make an online registration of the organization, update the ownership details and pay dues:
This is a very useful service provided to the employers. Now any organization can register itself easily at the EPFO unified portal without much hassle. Actually for the registration of the organization or for updating the ownership details of the organization, one had to submit the physical copy of the Form 5A at any of the EPFO offices in person.
Now they have relaxed the norms and now the form 5A can be submitted online on the EPFO portal. The employers can easily update, make a change and submit a new form 5A on the portal. They have to do all of this with just an e-signature. Not only can the employers register the organization or information about the change of information, but can also pay all the dues.
The online payment of the section 14B and Section 7Q which deals with the payment of dues can be done easily through the portal now. Do you know, in order to add to the ease of doing business, the portal is also equipped with the facility to calculate the damages and also pay for the damages u/s 14B and 7Q by generating auto challan? It is generated as per the selection of cases for which employer has agreed on to pay for the damages.
Update UAN Missing details of the Employee:
See, to get all the services from the unified portal without a hitch, you need to have a complete UAN profile. Any missing detail in the UAN profile will not let you withdraw your EPF. It is sad that you cannot update all the details by yourself. Here, you may need the support of your employer. An employer can update your UAN profile without requiring you to visit any EPFO regional office.
But how to know whether your UAN details are complete or incomplete? Well, it is easy to check. Login on the portal and in the View tab, search for the ‘Profile’ option. On the page which appears next, you will get a clear hint about what you need to fill in your UAN profile. If it feels that you need to update your UAN profile, you can request your employer to update your UAN profile online. The process to do so for the employer is:
- Visit the EPFO employer portal of the EPFO with the link https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/
- Here the employer needs to Login to the portal with his/her username and password.
- After Login, he/she can search for the employee in two ways: (a) With the PF account number or (b) with the UAN.
- In the next page, the employer will be able to see the details with the help of four tabs. The four tabs are: (a) Profile (b) KYC (c) Missing Details and (d) Mark Exit. To complete the incomplete information of the employee, the employer needs to open the tab ‘Missing Details’.
- Now enter the missing details with all the accuracy and then click on the tab ‘Update Missing Detail’.
- If all goes well you will get a pop-up message box saying that the update is successful.
- But the process is not complete here, now the employer needs to approve this missing detail request. There will be a small window on the screen stating the employer that ‘Following Record is pending for approval please APPROVE HERE. Just click on the Blue Highlighted ‘APPROVE HERE’ highlighted hyperlink.
- After this, the employer will the Pending Missing details. If the employer wishes to see all the changes made, he can do so by clicking on the option ‘View PDF’. If the employer feels satisfied, he/she can click on the ‘Approve’ tab.
- Now again a new message will appear that the ‘Missing Details approved successfully’. Now the process is complete.
Note: To approve the missing details of the employee, the employer does not need to make use of the digital signature.
There are many more services provided on the portal. We will discuss them later. I have discussed all the major services that can be used by the employer on this portal to make the EPF claim and employee registration process as easy as possible. If you know any more, please do share with us for the good of all.
Previously, it was necessary to register the nominee related to the PF account by appearing in person and submitting the physical copy of the same. But the unified portal has made this work easy for all. The portal has equipped the employee with the facility to fill the e-nomination, without requiring any need to submit the physical copy of the nomination form. This facility can only be accessed by those, who have their Aadhaar seeded properly against the UAN. This facility can be used independently, without requiring anything from the employer.
So these are some of the very common and most used services provided by the EPFO’s unified service portal. There are many other services also which can be discussed in detail later. Just try any of these services and I am sure you will not regret using this portal for the claim settlement and other purposes.
Updating your Know Your Customers Details
EPF members can update their KYC details online by simply visiting https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/ Website. It is important that you update your KYC details as it has numerous advantages. Some of the pros of updating your KYC information include
Quick Online PF Withdrawals
An employee no longer has to interact with the employer in order to make a withdrawal from their PF account. This is because you can perform the action online at any time of the day as long as your KYC details are up to date.
No documents needed
After seeding your KYC information via the portal, you will automatically get approval from your employer. This action will save you from the long and tedious processes of visiting EPF offices for you to get a given service.
How to Merging Multiple EPF accounts with UAN?
The new process is well defined and only requires one to have the login details.
- First one need to login to the EPFO website portal.
- On the homepage directly go to the menu bar and select the tab ‘our services’
- On clicking the above option a sub-menu will show indicating option like ‘for employee’
- A new service page will show under the employees tab.
- Now select the option ‘one employee-one EPF account’
- You need to fill the required information on the give spaces.
- Click on the generate OTP, automatically the OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number which is connected to the UAN and Aadhaar card.
- Now enter the old EPF account ID then accept the terms and conditions provided o the page.
- The system will automatically link the EPF account to the UAN.
Employees whose UAN number is connected to the Aadhaar card will find the process easier. The KYC details are already in the system and connecting takes less time. Note if not the EPFO will contact you to provide the proof documents where they will later send all the new details to the EPFO center for conformation.
How is your passbook updated?
The passbook is updated by EPFO official portal as soon as a contribution made in the account. Even though the date not given in the EPF passbook, it obtains month and year where the donation made. In case you made the find your EPF passbook updated. You have to get the updated passbook.
The things to know about EPF epassbook
- You can use thee passbook part that on the EPFO website, and you have to check the password once you have registered on the United Member Portal.
- You can check and use thee passbook facility after the 6 hours from the time of the registration on the unified Member Portal.
- You can even see the modified credentials that will also continue after 6 hours.
- Entries that are cleared by the EPFO field office will be updated. It is the thing that you must know about passbook.
View and edit the profile detail:
If you are registered with the EPFO unified portal, your details are considered verified and can be used for various purposes. In the purview of this, it is necessary that all of your details must be exact and correct. The portal gives you a right to edit your profile details if you wish to. You can change your name, your father’s name, DOB and much more. The process to do so is quite
simple also, but the employer’s intervention is present here.
The process to change the profile detail is –
- First, the employee needs to mark the changes on the unified portal and send it to the employer.
- Now the system will make an automatic comparison of the edited details with that of the Aadhaar.
- If the verification gets successful then only the request will be transferred to the employer.
- Now it is the turn of the employer to forward the request of the employee to the EPFO.
- The EPFO will then make the requisite corrections.
The process to be followed online to change the profile detail is such as: Log In to the unified portal of the UAN.
How much money is deducted from the Salary to EPF contribution?
Actually, you and your employer both contribute for the EPF. 12% of your basic salary (including DA (Dearness Allowance)) goes into your EPF. Out of this 12%, your employer contributes 3.67% and you contribute the remaining 8.33%. If the salary is above Rs. 6,500, the employer can contribute only 8.33% of 6500 and not more than that. It means that only Rs.541/- goes to your EPF account from the employer’s side and not more than that. It is independent of your basic pay.
The money of the EPF that gets collected by the EPFO from employees like you is then invested by a trust with a rate ranging from 8% to 12%. The rates are decided by the board of trustees at the central level and the government. Remember, if you change your job, update your EPF information as well. There is no tax applied on the EPF by the government.