EPF India website epfindia.gov.in to know PF Balance Check without UAN Number or with UAN or PF Number, UAN Login Employee, UAN Status, UAN Activation, EPF Claim Status, Universal Account Number UAN Card Print EPF Passbook in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in website….
EPF India official website is https://www.epfindia.gov.in/. If your income is taxable, you must be knowing that a big chunk of your salary is deducted in the name of EPF (Employee’s Provident Fund). It is a scheme basically planned to provide the salaried people a fixed value of money or income after the retirement. There is a central organization which looks into this matter of EPF and it is called EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization). In India, it is mandatory to register any company with the EPFO, if the company has more than 20 employees.
This scheme provides a type of social security to all the salaried persons of India. This scheme saves a part of an employee’s salary, which is provided to a person when he is somehow unable to work or when he retires.
How much money is deducted from the Salary to EPF contribution?
Actually, you and your employer both contribute for the EPF. 12% of your basic salary (including DA (Dearness Allowance)) goes into your EPF. Out of this 12%, your employer contributes 3.67% and you contribute the remaining 8.33%. If the salary is above Rs. 6,500, the employer can contribute only 8.33% of 6500 and not more than that. It means that only Rs.541/- goes to your EPF account from the employer’s side and not more than that. It is independent of your basic pay.
The money of the EPF that gets collected by the EPFO from employees like you is then invested by a trust with a rate ranging from 8% to 12%. The rates are decided by the board of trustees at the central level and the government. Remember, if you change your job, update your EPF information as well. There is no tax applied on the EPF by the government.
|Organization Name||Employees’ Provident Fund Organization [EPFO]|
|Member Details||Universal Account Number (UAN)|
|Main Web Portal||https://www.epfindia.gov.in/|
|Toll Free Number||1800-118-005|
|Missed Call Number to Know PF Balance||011-22901406|
|Know your EPF Balance by SMS||7738299899|
|Complaints Registered website||https://epfigms.gov.in|
|UAN Member Portal||https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in|
How to Get PF (Employees Provident Fund)?
You cannot withdraw money from your PF account as easily as you do from your savings / current account. Generally, the mid-withdrawal of the EPF is not allowed. There are some conditions which needs to be met if one wants to withdraw money in the middle:
- If a person has no job at the time when one applies for the withdrawal of EPF.
- If a person is planning to settle abroad.
- If a person has taken up a job in a foreign country.
- If the employee is a female and she is withdrawing money for the purpose of marriage.
- If you are planning to get married.
- If the purpose of withdrawal is the education of yourself, your children or your sibling.
- If you want to meet some emergency medical expenses or your spouse, children, dependent or for yourself.
- If you are repaying some house loan.
- If you are paying for the repair/alterations of your home.
- If you’ve completed the 7 years of your service.
Caution: You can withdraw EPF in all such conditions, but you are not allowed to withdraw the total EPF in all the cases. After 7 years of service, you can withdraw only 50% of your EPF. For repaying the housing loan, you need to complete at least 10 years of service. To meet the expenses of the alteration of home, you need to have at least 5 years of service experience and for the repairs at least 10 years.
It is highly advised that you must not withdraw your EPF unless you are in a dire stage. If you have decided to withdraw your PF in the middle of your service or after your retirement, there are various ways to do that.
- Without employers signature: (a) With Aadhaar card and (b) Without Aadhaar card.
- With EPFO Digital Signature
Let us discuss all the ways in which you can withdraw your EPF.
1. Without Employers Signature:
Formerly, it was necessary to have the employer’s signature on the form, if you want to withdraw your EPF. Sometimes it was very difficult for the employees to do that because of many a reason. Now the EPFO has removed this mandatory condition. In place of it, a person can withdraw the EPF with the UAN (Universal Account Number) linked to their Aadhaar Card and the EPF Account. There are two ways to withdraw your EPF without the Employers Signature:
(a) With Aadhaar Card:
To withdraw EPF using an Aadhaar Card employees need to access the EPFO’s member portal and link their Aadhaar card and bank account details to it. They not only need to link their bank account and Aadhaar card but also verify the same. After the whole process of verification, the UAN gets activated. Note that the EPF cannot be withdrawn if the UAN has not been activated. Once you get the UAN, you need to download and fill in the forms:
- Form 19 – UAN.
- Form 10C – UAN
It is necessary to fill in such information in the form which matches exactly with the details in the Aadhaar card and the bank account. The form on the portal asks for entering the information like the name, registered mobile number, address, PAN Number, date of joining, a reason for leaving etc. All the information needs to be filled very deliberately, else your request may get rejected. In addition, an employee needs to attach a canceled cheque and submit it to the regional EPFO office.
(b) Without Aadhaar Card:
The process of PF withdrawal without an Aadhaar Card is a bit complicated. But in case, it is not possible to do it with Aadhaar this is the ultimate way. You first have to decide from where you need to make a withdrawal of your EPF. After that, you need to download the three forms from the member portal of the EPFO site: (a) Form 19 (b) Form 31 and (c) Form 10C. After filling the form, you need to get it attested by some authorized person, most probably a Gazetted officer, magistrate etc. This is very difficult thing to do. Actually, you need to take the signature of the authorized person on every page of the form.
In addition, you need to attest an indemnity bond on a 100 rupee stamp paper. You also need to attach the payslips, appointment letter, employment ID etc. For not getting the Employer’ signature you have to state the reason for it. Write ‘non-cooperation’ as the main reason. As the EPFO office asks for the address and identity proof, a KYC document, attested form and cancelled cheque can be reasonably submitted at the EPFO Office.
2. With Employer’s Signature:
To make the process of withdrawal simple for the employees, the EPFO has introduced a depository of Employer’s signature which contains digital signature. The employer signature are required even when an employee shifts organization. Previously, it was necessary to fill Form 13 and get it signed by the employer. Now this can be done with the digital signature of the employer. Either get the digital signature on the form, or get the physical signature of the EPF withdrawal forms.
PF Balance Check without UAN Number or EPF Balance check with UAN Number or Pf Number in passbook.epfindia.gov.in
It is very easy to know the Employee PF Balance check without UAN Number or with the help of UAN Number. Do you know what a UAN Number is? If you don’t know, let me help you with that. Actually, UAN number is a 12-digit number which is given to all who are having a PF account in India. The major benefit of having a UAN number is that any PF account holder can check or withdraw the EPF Balance check with UAN number without any requirement of employer’s recommendation or signature at epfindia.gov.in website. If a person has multiple PF account, all the accounts can get linked to the same UAN Number.
Generally, the UAN Number is on your salary slip. To check if the UAN is activated or not visit the site and check. If it has not been activated, you need to submit your KYC on the EPFO site, after that you need to enter the OTP sent on your mobile.
There are various ways in which you can check your PF Balance without UAN Number.
With the help of UMANG App:
This app has been in the news for quite a long time. Actually, the full form of the UMANG is Unified Mobile App for New Governance. Due to its friendly interface and ease of use, it has been praised at all the levels of bureaucracy. The app is available to be downloaded from the Google Play Store free of cost. This App not only allows the employees to check the balance and other details, but also to make the withdrawal requests. On this app you can check the passbook, even if you have not linked your Aadhaar. But one cannot make the withdrawal without Aadhaar linking.
The link to download the App from the Google Play Store.
Once you download the App, it will ask you to select the language of your choice in which you want to see the information on the App. After selection, just give the permissions by pressing the ‘Allow’ button. Now there are two ways to login and access the information related to your EPF account. First, by the use of UAN and Mobile number and second, by the use of Aadhaar Number.
Check Online on EPF India site
If somebody wants to find the PF balance without UAN number or PF Number in detail, accessing the details online is always advisable. For this, you first need to reach the EPFO site’s Member interface. You can go through the direct link for getting an access to the UAN (Universal Account Number) Member e-SEWA page. If you want to save the link for using it later in epf india web portal
Now after reaching the portal, you need to enter your UAN password and the Captcha given. Remember, this method can only be used if you have linked your Aadhaar to your EPF account and you have an activated UAN. After you have logged in with your correct details, you will see that there is an option for accessing your updated passbook. Access your passbook from there to check the balance. In your passbook, you get the following details:
- Latest EPF Balance you have.
- Your PF contribution made each month.
- Monthly PF Contribution made by the Employer.
- The contribution made by the employer towards the employee pension scheme.
This is an easy and good way to get the communication message related to your PF Balance without using UAN or PF. You can get the information in many regional Indian languages, along with English and Hindi. You just need to send a message on the number ‘7738299899’. The format of the message should be: EPFOHO UAN
This will send you a message on mobile in English. In place of ENG, you can write the first three words of any regional language in which you want the SMS. The SMS you get on your registered mobile number will have the information of your name, EPF balance, date of birth and the last contribution you made to you EPF.
By Missed Call:
If you have the UAN registration, you can check PF Balance with a missed call. The number on which you need to make a missed call is 011 22 901 406.
How to register the UAN [Universal Account Number]?
As stated earlier, merely generation of the UAN is not enough. You have to register the same UAN on the official site of the UAN. The process to do so is quite simple. Here, I am delineating some of the steps which one needs to follow if he/she has to register the generated UAN on the official Unified Portal Epf India website. The steps are as follows:
- Visit the UAN epfindia official website of the Unified Portal. The link of the official site is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/.
- Now under the ‘Important links’ section present at the lower right-hand corner screen, you will be able to see a hyperlink ‘Activate UAN’ written in bold. Click on this link. You can activate the UAN with the help of any one of the following IDs: Member ID, PAN, UAN and Aadhaar number. So, you first need to select the ID with which you wish to activate the UAN.
- After selecting the ID, you will need to enter the following details manually: Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Captcha and Email ID
- After entering all the details correctly, you need to click on the tab highlighting the text ‘Get Authorization PIN’. Once you click on that, you will get the authorization PIN on your mobile as well as your email ID.
- Enter the authorization PIN on the screen and then click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
- If all goes well and the credentials are successfully verified, the screen page will notice that all the member’s credentials are verified.
- After this, the screen also helps the member to generate the login ID and password to get access to all the featured of the Unified Member portal of the EPFO. Well, in all the cases, the user Id is the UAN number of the member. You just need to enter the UAN number and the password of your choice for the registration.
- Once you have entered the UAN and the password, you are registered and the process of registration is over. After successful registration, the member will get the message of the successful registration on the UAN driven member portal. The message will be forwarded on the registered mobile number as well as the email ID. You will get the notification of the same on your screen also. One needs to remember or note down the username and password if they want to make further use of the portal in future. Note: Always remember that your UAN will be your user ID.
How to Activate Employee UAN Login ID (UAN Activation Procedure)?
We have already discussed what a UAN is? It is a 12-digit account number provided by the EPFO to all the Provident Fund holders in India. UAN allows to check, access and withdraw the PF from the EPFO portal and site. For activating UAN, you need to do the following:
- Visit the official site of the EPFO or you can directly click here.
- There you will find a window asking for your UAN. Just below that window you will find a blue link text ‘Activate UAN’. Click on that.
- When you will click on that, you will get a form of such type:
- In that form, fill-in all the information asked. The fields marked with as astreik (*) are necessary for the completing of UAN Login Activation process. After filling the required information, click on ‘Get Authorization PIN’.
- Now click on ‘I Agree’ and then enter the OTP. On the window that appears next, click in the ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’ tab.
- In the end, you will get a password on your mobile number. It is very important to keep the SMS. This password will be required to access the UAN account. This password can be changed once you are able to login the UAN account after 6 hours of its activation.
Note: Alternatively, UAN can be activated using the UMANG app of the EPFO and by sending an SMS on 7738299899 in the form: EPFOHO UAN.
How to make a UAN Login Employee in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in?
This problem identification motivated the EPFO to introduce a new way of UAN generation. This way do not restrict the UAN generation to the employer, rather it enables the employee to generate the UAN themselves with the help of the Aadhaar. This is a self-generation UAN based method. The process is quite simple. One just needs to have an Aadhaar card linked to a registered mobile number. While generating the UAN, the employee or a prospective employee will need to input data for verification, after which one gets an OTP on the registered mobile number. Once the person enters the OTP, the system automatically detects and fetches all the basic details linked to Aadhaar.
Now, when you have activated your UAN Login, the process of UAN login Activation at the EPFO portal to access, check and withdraw the PF is very easy. Just open the EPF India website and reach directly to the UAN Login page. On this page, you will need to enter your User ID and password. Remember, the User ID here is the UAN Number that you have got and the password would be same as you have received in your mobile while activating the UAN.
I think, you must have the saved SMS with you. Don’t you? If you have lost the SMS, don’t worry, click ‘forgot password’ link and an OTP will be sent again on your mobile number, which can be used to reset the password. Reset the password. Now use that password and UAN Number for the Login.
How to track UAN status in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in?
The process of checking the UAN status has been simplified to a great extent by the EPFO. Their site has made the procedure excessively simple. Now there is no requirement to depend on your HR to verify if you are being allotted the UAN or not. For this the process is same as you have followed while UAN Activation. Let us go through the process again:
- Visit the official page of EPFO site or directly click the link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/. On the page, you will see a blue hyperlink text ‘Know your UAN Status’. Click on that.
- Once you click on that, you will be directed to a new window. On that new window, you need to compulsorily need to enter the following information: Name, DOB, Mobile Number and Email ID. Apart from it, you need to enter one information from any of the following three (the choice is yours): PAN Number, Aadhaar Number, and Member ID.
- After that enter the correct Captcha and click on the tab ‘Get Authorization Pin’. Once you get the PIN in your mobile, first click ‘I agree’ on the window that appears.Then enter the same PIN and click on the tab ‘Validate OTP and get UAN’.
- If your UAN is activated, you will get the UAN on your registered mobile. If, however, your UAN has not been allotted, you will also get the information of the same on your mobile number. So, finally you will either get the UAN Number, or you will get the information that your UAN is yet to be allotted or has not been allotted.
Process on Forgot Uan Password Reset in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
In case one Forget UAN Password, one can easily reset it with the help of the registered mobile number. In case you have changed your mobile number and you have forgot UAN Login password also, then also you can reset UAN password. But in this case, it is necessary that all your details like Aadhaar number, PAN Number, Gender, Name and DOB matches exactly with your UAN. The steps to change the password are as such:
- Visit the Epfindia website of the UAN with the link: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
- In the Login window, you will find ‘Forgot Password’ written in the bottom left hand side. Click it.
- When you do that, it will ask for your UAN and Captcha, and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- After this, a screen appears, on which you will be able to see the mobile number which is linked to your UAN. Remember, if your phone number has been changed, don’t click on ‘Verify’ tab that appears on the screen. Click on ‘No’. You can change the mobile number at this stage.
- Now, on the screen that appears next, enter your complete and accurate details like Name, DOB, Document Number, KYC information etc. Now, click on ‘Verify’.
- The procedure can now get further, only if, entered details matches the UAN. If it is verified, enter your new mobile number and fill in the OTP you get on that new mobile number.
- Now it will ask you to enter a new password twice. Enter the same password twice. Now wait until you get the information that your password has been changed successfully.
- Once you get the message you are done with the process. Now you can Login with the new password on the EPFO site.
How to Link Aadhaar with UAN Number at iwu.epfindia.gov.in
For some particular purposes, the employees sometimes need to have a KYC approved by the employer. The EPFO unified services portal has made it possible for the employees to update the KYC detail related to the PF account and get it approved from the employer.
The process to update the KYC detail on the portal is also quite easy. One just needs to enter the Aadhaar, bank account number and PAN number to update the KYC. If one wishes, one can enter the details of the driving license, passport and election card as well. If the KYC is approved, it makes the claim process very easy. So it is best to update the KYC detail online by using the EPFO unified services portal.
Note: To avail any service on the portal, one needs to possess a KYC that has been verified by using Aadhaar / PAN.
Here there are two procedure to either update or Link Aadhaar number with UAN or By Login using User ID and Password.
- In the First process i.e Link Aadhaar with UAN every employee must enter your Universal Account Number.
- After Enter the valid mobile number linked to your UAN account.
- One Time Password will be sent to your registered mobile number after that you must confirm your OTP.
- Select your Gender and Type your Aadhaar Number.
- After that you can choose either using mobile / email based OTP or using Bio Metric.
- Then Enter the Captcha code as shown in the image. Click on Submit. That’s it.
- Coming to the Second process. You just enter your User ID and Password. Click on Login.
- After logon into the https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/ you must click on “Link UAN Aaadhaar”. Then you must verify the UAN as follow the above procedure.
How to check epf claim status at https://epfindia.gov.in ?
Up to now, you have got a clear idea about how to register for the UAN and check the PF status. In this section, we are discussing about how to check the EPF Claim status on the official Epf India website. In the previous days, one has to go again and again to the regional PF office to check his/her EPF claim status. This was very time-consuming and frustrating for some. To give relief to the employees, the EPFO has decided to enable the employees to check the status of their EPF claims online. The process is very simple. Follow these steps to check your EPF status:
- Reach the official site of the https://www.epfindia.gov.in
- The very first tab on the page is ‘Our Services’ tab. Click on that. From the drop-down menu that appears select the ‘For Employees’ option.
- As you can see in the widow above, there are three important headlines. In the Services section, click on the hyperlink ‘Know your claim status.’ In the window which appears next, enter the UAN and captcha code.
- After that, in the new window, select your PF office and enter your PF account number. After that just click the ‘Submit’ tab. You are now all done. Now you can easily check the status of the claim.
Alternatively, you can get the information through SMS, if you wish. But it is possible only if you have linked your mobile number to your account. The process is automatic. If you have made application for claim in the regional PF office, you will get a prompt of your claim settlement on your mobile via SMS. This is an automatic process and you do not need to make any special effort for that. Once the money is transferred to the claimant’s account, he/she receives the information of the same via SMS.
EPF Interest Rates
Record of the EPF shows that the EPF interest rates have kept on changing since year 1952. In 1952, the EPF interest rate was only 3%. After that, the interest rates kept on increasing. The maximum interest on the PF money was given between the periods 1989 to 2001, which was 12%. Now, the interest rates have reduced. The EPF interest rate for the year 2017-2018 is set at 8.55%. It is the lowest rate since the year 2012.
EPF Uan Member Passbook download in passbook.epfindia.gov.in
UAN Member Passbook is the facility given to all the EPF account holders, with the help of which they can check online all their EPF information. One can very easily get an access to the UAN EPF Member Passbook. There are two major requirements to get an access to the e-Passbook,
- EPF account holder must be registered with the Unified Member Portal, and
- The employer must have uploaded the e-Challan and return.
While registering on the EPFO portal, you will need to give and fill the following information: Mobile Number (on which you always want to receive the SMS and the PIN Number), Bank Account Number, Aadhaar Card Number, NPRN (National Population Register Number), PAN Number, official Name, Ration Card Number, Driving License, Email ID and Passport Number (if any).
I think, it is easy for all to submit the above information, if anyone is a citizen of India and is holding an EPFO account. After filling the above information, enter the correct captcha code to get a PIN on your registered mobile number. Enter it and you will get a confirmation message about the successful registration. Now you can login to member portal easily.
Remember, after registration, the passbook will be available only after the 6-hours of registration. 6 hours after login, if you wish, you can again change your details like mobile number, email ID etc. From the main page, you can easily download the e-Passbook. While downloading, you will always be asked to select the state. Select that state where you can easily reach the PF office. The site itself helps you search the PF Office.
How to verify / update Aadhaar Number in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
To update/verify Aadhaar or KYC update in UAN website, you have to first register yourself and then login to the portal. If you have already registered, and have made a login on the portal, the process to be followed for updating and verifying Aadhaar is very easy for you. For this, you need to reach to the official page of the EPFO site:
Open the official UAN membership page of the EPFO site or directly click the link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Now login with your UAN and password.
- Now in your profile page, search for the ‘Manage’ tab.
- From the drop-down list, select the ‘KYC link’.
- You will find a checkbox there for Aadhaar, check that.
- Now you are able to update your Aadhaar Number and Name. Enter the Aadhaar Number and the correct name as mentioned on the Aadhaar and then click on ‘Save’.
This is how one can update/verify Aadhaar on EPFO site. Isn’t it very simple?
How to check pension status in mis.epfindia.gov.in website?
Now you do not need to stand in long queues to know your pension status. To make the process of knowing the status of Pension easier, the EPFO has developed a dedicated portal especially for pensioners. Through this portal you can get access to a variety of services like tracking KYC norms to knowing the pension payment status etc. If you have a Jeevan Pradhan ID, the process is very easy for you. Just login to your dedicated Pension portal and access all the information.
You can find out various types of information with the help of this portal. The information about when the pension was credited in your account, pensioner’s payment order detail, pensioner’s payment order number etc. can all be accessed after login. You can even submit the pensioner’s life certificate online on this site to be used by the EPFO.
The process of Login on the Pension Portal is as such:
- Visit the official site of the EPFO.
- There on the left hand side bottom area, you will find a hyperlink for the pensioner’s portal. Click on that.
- Now, you will get a new window asking for your Jeevan Pradhaan ID. Just enter that. As said earlier, Jeevan Pradhan ID is mandatory if you want to Login. After entering the Jeevan Pradhan ID, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Now on the screen that appears next, you will be able to access all the information related to your pension account.
Now on the screen that appears next, you will be able to access all the information related to your pension account.
How to download / print updated UAN / EPF Passbook anytime?
In order to download/print the passbook, it is necessary that you have an activated UAN. Without an activated UAN, it is not possible to make any download. We have already discussed the process of activating the UAN, so let us directly jump on to the process of downloading and printing the passbook.
The process is very simple. Just login to the EPFO portal. There you will find a hyperlink stating ‘Download e-passbook’. Click on that link. On the window which appears next, enter following information:
- Your EPF office location and state in which it is located.
- PF code of the employer.
- PF account number of the employee.
When you enter all of this, you will get a PIN on your registered mobile number. This is for the purpose of your account authentication. Now, if you succeed to authenticate with the PIN, you can now download the passbook easily. If you have accessed your EPFO account for the first time, the e-passbook will be available for the download after 3 days of registration.
How to download UAN card?
Do you know what UAN card is and when is it used? Actually, UAN card is a card which contains the information about the employee. It has a 12 digit UAN number on it which is essential for accessing the Epfindia portal. The UAN card that an employee gets is required necessarily when one switches job. Whenever you switch a job, you get a new EPF account. The new employer always asks for the UAN card to link your new EPF account with it.
- Now, there is no need to visit the regional EPF office to get the card. The card can easily be downloaded from the EPFO site by following certain specific steps.
- As usual, you need to login to the EPFO site with your UAN number and password.
- After that, search for the view tab on the home page of the window. It is located near the home tab. From the drop-down menu, select the UAN card.
- You will see that a UAN card is displayed on the screen. There is a download / print hyperlink on the screen where UAN card is displayed. Click on that to print or download the UAN card. The process is complete. Do you know what information does a UAN card consists? It contains the UAN, Name of the employee, Father / Husband name, KYC status, QR code and Date Stamp. If you find any mistake in the information provided on the card, you can correct it easily by contacting the regional/concerned EPFO office.
Make an online registration of the organization, update the ownership details and pay dues:
This is a very useful service provided to the employers. Now any organization can register itself easily at the EPFO unified portal without much hassle. Actually for the registration of the organization or for updating the ownership details of the organization, one had to submit the physical copy of the Form 5A at any of the EPFO offices in person.
Now they have relaxed the norms and now the form 5A can be submitted online on the EPFO portal. The employers can easily update, make a change and submit a new form 5A on the portal. They have to do all of this with just an e-signature. Not only can the employers register the organization or information about the change of information, but can also pay all the dues.
The online payment of the section 14B and Section 7Q which deals with the payment of dues can be done easily through the portal now. Do you know, in order to add to the ease of doing business, the portal is also equipped with the facility to calculate the damages and also pay for the damages u/s 14B and 7Q by generating auto challan? It is generated as per the selection of cases for which employer has agreed on to pay for the damages.
Update UAN Missing details of the Employee:
See, to get all the services from the unified portal without a hitch, you need to have a complete UAN profile. Any missing detail in the UAN profile will not let you withdraw your EPF. It is sad that you cannot update all the details by yourself. Here, you may need the support of your employer. An employer can update your UAN profile without requiring you to visit any EPFO regional office.
But how to know whether your UAN details are complete or incomplete? Well, it is easy to check. Login on the portal and in the View tab, search for the ‘Profile’ option. On the page which appears next, you will get a clear hint about what you need to fill in your UAN profile. If it feels that you need to update your UAN profile, you can request your employer to update your UAN profile online. The process to do so for the employer is:
- Visit the Epfindia employer portal of the EPFO with the link https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/
- Here the employer needs to Login to the portal with his/her username and password.
- After Login, he/she can search for the employee in two ways: (a) With the PF account number or (b) with the UAN.
- In the next page, the employer will be able to see the details with the help of four tabs. The four tabs are: (a) Profile (b) KYC (c) Missing Details and (d) Mark Exit. To complete the incomplete information of the employee, the employer needs to open the tab ‘Missing Details’.
- Now enter the missing details with all the accuracy and then click on the tab ‘Update Missing Detail’.
- If all goes well you will get a pop-up message box saying that the update is successful.
- But the process is not complete here, now the employer needs to approve this missing detail request. There will be a small window on the screen stating the employer that ‘Following Record is pending for approval please APPROVE HERE. Just click on the Blue Highlighted ‘APPROVE HERE’ highlighted hyperlink.
- After this, the employer will the Pending Missing details. If the employer wishes to see all the changes made, he can do so by clicking on the option ‘View PDF’. If the employer feels satisfied, he/she can click on the ‘Approve’ tab.
- Now again a new message will appear that the ‘Missing Details approved successfully’. Now the process is complete.
Note: To approve the missing details of the employee, the employer does not need to make use of the digital signature.
There are many more services provided on the portal. We will discuss them later. I have discussed all the major services that can be used by the employer on this portal to make the EPF claim and employee registration process as easy as possible. If you know any more, please do share with us for the good of all.