Know your EPF Balance with UAN number or PF Balance check with UAN Number or via SMS or via IVRS at passbook.epfindia.gov.in website…..
From time to time people try to check the PF balance to know the amount of saving they have in their account. There may be some other added reason. Maybe, they want to avail some kind of loan against their EPF account or they want to plan the future expenses well. Whatever be the reason, the people always desire to check their PF balance from time to time.
Provident Fund enables the employees to manage to retire saving scheme. The PF enables to the employees to contribute a part of saving towards each month for the pension fund. The amount gets occurred and can access to the lump-sum account. The provident fund is the high amount of money that helps you to grow your retirement corpus.
There are only three types of PF
- The general provident fund
- The provident retirement fund
- The public provident fund.
Before the launch of the unified portal of the EPFO, a person has to rub his slippers up to the EPF office to know the balance. But now the process has been eased to a greater extent. And there is not just one way of checking the PF balance. You can check the PF balance in a variety of ways i.e. with the help of UAN Number, SMS, IVRS or PF Number. Let us discuss all of them one by one:
PF Balance Check with UAN Number at passbook.epfindia.gov.in
You can know your PF balance check with UAN number in the EPFO portal very easily if you have an activated UAN Number. This is a method used to check the PF balance with UAN. Actually, a UAN Number is a unique number given to the employees who are enrolled under the EPF scheme. This number remains unchanged throughout their life irrespective of how many different companies they change. So know the EPF balance check with UAN Number is quite easy. Just follow the steps discussed below to check the PF balance with the help of UAN Number:
- On the official page of the EPFO portal i.e. https://www.epfindia.gov.in/, search for the ‘Our Services’ section.
- From the drop-down Menu which appears next, select the option ‘For employees’.
- Now in the new window which appears next, you will again see a section with the heading ‘Services’. In that section, search for the ‘Member Passbook’ hyperlink and click on that.
- This link will take you to a Login page. You need to enter your UAN and password here. This will give you access to your EPF account. On its home page, you can easily check your PF balance.
PF Balance with UAN number or PF number or by sending SMS
One can easily check the PF balance with UAN by sending SMS. But before using this service, you need to meet some pre-requisites. The first and foremost condition is that you need to link your UAN with the KYC details. KYC details especially contain any of the following information Aadhaar or bank account or PAN. If you are sure that your UAN number is linked to the KYC, send the SMS as follows: (a) Write EPFOHO UAN ENG in the message box (b) Now send this message on the number 7738299899.
Note: In the message ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG’, ENG is sent to get the message in English. The EPFO has provided the service that you can set your language of communication as per your preference, and for this, you just have to write the first three letters of the language in which you wish to receive the information. For e.g., if I wish to receive the information in Hindi, I have to write the message as ‘EPFOHO UAN HIN’ and send it on 7738299899. For Marathi, one needs to write MAR in place of ENG or HIN. It provides this service in about 10 languages i.e. Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Bengali, Tamil, Marathi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Hindi and English.
EPF Balance check with UAN Number or by giving missed call
One can very easily check the PF balance check with UAN Number by giving missed call by giving a missed call. But one cannot give a missed call from any number. One has to give a missed call from the registered mobile number to which the PF account is linked. Again the balance can be checked with the missed call, only if, your UAN is linked to the KYC details. You can do so yourself, or you can take the help of your employer. The process to get the information through a missed call is as such:
- First, you need to give a missed call on the toll-free number 011-22901406.
- Once you make a call, your call gets disconnected automatically or you can manually disconnect the call.
- After that, you will get an SMS which will contain all of your PF details including your balance.
Check EPF Balance with PF Number in passbook.epfindia.gov.in
This is also another method of knowing the PF balance check with pf number. For this, you need to Login to the EPFO portal.
- First, keep your PF account number handy. The PF account number can generally be traced to the salary slip of the employee.
- Now reach out to the link http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/KYEPFB.php.
- On this new page, you first need to select the state. Here, don’t select the state in which you are residing right now, but select the state in which you had made the registration of your PF account. Don’t you know the state or registered office of your PF account? If not, don’t worry, you can easily make a search for it by visiting the link http://search.epfoservices.in/est_search.php.
- In the window which appears next, you need to enter personal details such as Name and mobile number, as well as your PF Number.
- In the end, tick the check-box in front of ‘I Agree’ and then click the ‘Submit’ tab.
- Now you will instantly get the information related to your PF balance on your registered mobile number.
I think I have listed all the possible ways in which you can check your balance. There is one more way by which you can check the PF balance i.e. by using the official ‘UMANG’ App of the EPFO. I will discuss later how to use the UMANG App of the EPFO to avail all of its services and especially about how to check the PF balance using the UMANG App.
If you have found any fault with the methods listed above to find the PF balance check with uan number, please do share it with us for the common good of all.