Procedure for how to consolidate / Merge Multiple PF accounts with UAN of one Employee to one epf account at passbook.epfindia.gov.in web portal….
The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has put in place a new facility to help members consolidate funds in their PF accounts by linking them with one Universal Account Number (UAN). This service is now available online thanks to EPFO portal. Any employee who wants to perform this action will need a fast internet connection together with their smartphone, Personal Computer or Desktop computer.
Requirements to Link For accounts with UAN Number
Below are some of the things that you need to have before linking multiple EPF accounts with UAN one employee.
- UAN number
- Your current EPF account number linked with UAN number
- KYC details like IFSC code, Aadhaar number, Bank Account Number, PAN Card. All these details must be verified by your current employer.
- An activated UAN number
Nо involvement оf thе еmрlоуеr іn PF withdrawals
Currently, іf a PF wіthdrаwаl rеԛuеѕt іѕ mаdе, іt muѕt раѕѕ via previous еmрlоуеr аnd thеrеfоrе, muѕt bе ѕіgnеd аnd fоrwаrdеd tо thе EPFO. Hоwеvеr, wіth thе UAN іn рlасе, thе еmрlоуеr’ѕ іntеrvеntіоn іѕ rеduсеd.
It mаkеѕ іt роѕѕіblе fоr thе PF mоnеу іn уоur previous ассоunt tо bе automatically transferred tо thе nеw PF account аt thе еnd оf thе KYC vеrіfісаtіоn.
How to Consolidate Multiple PF accounts with UAN One Employee-One PF Account
- Open your installed web browser and visit EPFO web portal by typing in https://www.epfindia.gov.in on the search bar. Press “Enter” button on your keyboard to initiate the search process.
- Once in the site, click on ‘Our Services’ option from the main menu. This action will generate a drop down box from where you should click on ‘Employee Services’ tab.
- You will be redirected to a new page on the site containing all the services listed under ‘For Employees’ category.
- Click on ‘One Employee-One PF Accounts’ option that can be seen clearly from the services section on ‘For Employee’ page.
- Enter your registered mobile number linked with UAN in the box set aside for this option.
- You will then have to fill in your activated UAN number and member ID.
- A One Time verification Pin (OTP) will then be sent to your registered mobile number that is linked with UAN. Enter this OTP correctly to verify your details.
- Next, fill in the old EPF ID before accepting the declaration.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button to send the request for merger of the current account to an existing PF account.
The account merging facility will take close to three days after activation of UAN. To get the most out of this service, you will have to make use of a registered and updated KYC and Aadhaar details. Merging accounts is a good system by the Employee Provident Fund Organization. This is because it allows employees the chance of getting in touch with EPF authorities directly. You will therefore never have to make do with the long and tedious process of visiting EPFO officers in order to get the services that you need.
EPFO is making use of the latest technology so as to offer different services to all the members. If you have multiple PF accounts, then it is advisable that you make use of One Employee-One EPF account service to get your money transferred within the shortest time possible. Alternatively, you can rely on OTCP to perform the action without getting assistance from any other person.