Services Offering List in EPF Grievance Portal http://epfigms.gov.in/….
We have discussed in detail about how the unified portal of the EPFO can be used to access all the services related to your PF account. However, it sometimes happens that we have some queries and we want to approach someone who can help us with those queries. In such condition, you can use the EPF grievance website. Not only this website is used to solve a query, but also to lodge a complaint.
Yes, the EPF grievance website is very helpful to solve any query of the user or for the grievance redress. The website is excellently designed. On the site, a person can lodge the complaint in detail and he/she can also add the images related to the problems they faced while using the EPFO portal / services. The website assures that all the queries or complaints are solved within 30 days. But remember, the website can only help you if you have UAN.
Grievances addressed by the EPF grievance portal at epfigms.gov.in:
So now the question is, what types of grievances or complaints regarding EPF can be registered on the EPF grievance portal i.e epfigms.gov.in? Well one can raise any type of complaint about the problem he / she faced while using the epfigms.gov.in website or its services, but the main issues about which one can register the complaint are:
- Related to EPS (10 C / the scheme certificate)
- In relation to the withdrawal of PF.
- Form 13 for transfer of PF.
- PF Balance issue.
- Misplace/Return of Cheque.
- Settlement of pension.
- Withdrawal of PF.
Important things to know about the epfigms.gov.in:
So now you know about the wide arena of issues on which you can seek help or raise a complaint. In short, the main highlights of the website are:
- On the site, any EP member, employer or pensioner can lodge the complaint at any time.
- One can ever raise the complaint against the employer as well.
- A complaint can be raised against any related EPFO also.
- All complaints on the epfigms.gov.in website have a resolve time of 30 days.
- If someone wants to get a quick resolution of the complaint, one can send the reminders of the same via this grievance portal.
- One can check the status of the complaint any time.
- If one does not get a satisfactory reply from the EPFO in the expected time of 30 days, one can even file RTI.
The process to file the online complaint on the EPF Grievance Portal:
The process of raising an online complaint on the EPF Grievance Portal is very easy if you have a UAN. Just follow the below steps to file the complaint:
Visit the site of the EPF grievance portal i.e. http://epfigms.gov.in
If you want to register any grievance, just click on the ‘Register Grievance’ option present on the home page.
Now you will be taken to a new window with the heading Grievance Registration Form, where you need to enter all the required details which are marked with an asterisk (*). You have to fill three types of information on this form.
- EPF related information.
- Personal Information.
- Grievance Information.
1. Enter EPF Details:
Let us start with the very first one ‘Enter EPF Details’
- In the very first column of ‘Select Status’, you have to choose from the following four options: (a) PF Member (b) Employer (c) EPS Pensioner and (d) Others. Choose as per your wish. But if PF number is not known to you, choose the ‘Other’ option from the drop-down list.
- Now enter your 12 digits UAN Number.
- After that fill in all the details related to the PF. There is a specific format of the PF Number. First the region code, then the office and Establishment code, and then the extension or account number. Remember, if the extension is not known to you, you can enter three zeros (000) there to generate the PF number.
Note: Based on your PF Number, the employer and EPFO office details get filled automatically in the form.
2. Enter Personal Details:
- Here, you first need to enter your name, if you are making the complaint. If you are raising the complaint on behalf of someone, you need to enter the name and address of the complainant.
- Now simply enter the name of your country, state, and Pincode of your residence or office. You can enter the phone number, however, it is optional. We recommend you to fill at least the mobile number and email ID for the purpose of convenience.
3. Enter Grievance Details:
- In the enter grievance detail column, the first column that you need to fill in the ‘Grievance Category’. There are a lot of pre-selected categories to choose from. Choose the best category meeting your criteria.
- Once you have chosen the category of the grievance, you have to provide a description of your grievance in not more than 5000 characters.
- If you have any supporting documentation in favor of your complaint, you can attach the same in the next option of ‘Upload file’. The file needs to be attached only in the format of the pdf file.
- After uploading, click on the ‘Attach’ tab and then enter the Captcha code.
- Now finally click on the ‘Submit’ button.
You are now finally done with the submission of the complaint. Together with the message of successful registration you also get certain information related to your complaint registration. The information attached is:
- The registration number of the complaint.
- Information related to the office at which the grievance is lodged.
- The officer in charge of the complaint.
- Phone number of the officer or related office.
- Email ID at which the complainant can make a query in relation to the complaint.
Note: It is highly advisable that you must note the registration number of the complaint. It is because this registration number is always needed if one wants to track the status of the complaint. One can even send the reminders with the help of this registration number.
After the complaint is successfully submitted, it gets verified by the EPFO. After verification, it is sent to the related department, office or person for the quick resolution. Mostly the resolution of the complaint takes about 15 to 30 days and not more than that.
There are various other tabs present on the home page of the website which can be used to perform various types of task. The name of the tabs in itself clarifies the purpose it serves. The major tabs are:
- Send Reminder
- View Status
- Change Password
- Upload Grievance Document
I hope the use of the epfigms.gov.in is very much clear to you. Just lodge a complaint and track the status easily with the complaint registration number. I hope you will get a lot of help with that.