Procedure on Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Allotment in https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in website……
The Employee Provident Fund Organization has made it mandatory for all their members to link their Aadhaar number to their EPF account. This is after the organization has introduced most of their services online for their members. Services being offered online include PF account balance, PF statements,submitting online PF transfers, partial / full withdrawal of money from your PF account and many more.
Aadhaar is an essential document containing details like name, date of birth, address, photo, etc.. and is used for verification purposes for KYC. However, to enjoy all these services being offered, you have to link your Aadhaar number to your Universal Account Number.For members who also want to settle their claims fast and quickly, make sure that your bank details in your UAN interface have been authenticated to your Aadhaar number. This will ease the whole process of claim settlement.
All members can now get their Universal Account Number by themselves. Employee Provident Fund Organization recently launched another program known as the Aadhaar Based Universal Account Number (UAN) Allotment. For those employed at large firms with numerous workers, you will find that some companies may find it hard to generate a new UAN number to the new employee. This is due to various reasons like a mismatch when inputting data with Aadhaar.
This leads to the process of generating the UAN number consuming lots of time and resources. To save the members from this hassle, the EPFO launched the Aadhaar Based UAN allotment program to assist them in generating the UAN number by themselves without the help of their employers.
How to verify Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Allotment in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
Initially, only employers could allot and activate the EPF UAN. This is now a thing of the past since employees can also perform this action Online without seeking the help of their employer. Any employee who wants to Activate EPF India UAN Login must have an Aadhaar Number and a registered mobile number that is linked with Aadhaar details.
This is because the registered mobile is important when it comes that verifying your Aadhaar details. Below is a step by step guide on how to activate the Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Allotment via online through Aadhaar Number and also officials of EPFO has started a new service on Link Aadhaar Number without UAN.
- Visit the Employee Provident Fund Organization official website using this link; https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
- On the top right-hand side of the homepage, select and click on the option ‘Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Allotment.’
- You will be redirected to a new page where you will be required to enter your Aadhaar Card Number and hit on the‘Submit’ option.
- A one-time password will be sent to your registered mobile number that you used while recording with the Aadhaar Card.Those who have not enrolled any mobile number with Aadhaar cannot generate their own UAN unless with the help of their employer.
- Enter the password sent in the respective field, tick on the disclaimer box and press the ‘Submit’ option.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you will see your all your details as you recorded them during Aadhaar Registration.
- Ensure that the details are correctly filled and enter the blank spaces asking you to enter details like Email address, marital status, and qualification. It is mandatory to fill in all the blank spaces to move forward.
- Also, confirm your KYC details like the name as per Aadhaar and the Aadhaar number and ensure they are accurate.
- You will then be required to enter information on the blank spaces marked red. The empty spaces have questions like E-mail address, marital status, qualifications, name, date of birth, gender, postal address and postal code, and father or husband name.
- Verify that all the information is relevant and accurate, enter the captcha code given below and enter a tick on the disclaimer box to agree to the terms and conditions of the organization.
- Finally, click on the option ‘Register.’
- A Universal Account Number will be allocated to you, and a message will be sent to your registered mobile number.
From the above procedure, we can see that it is easy to generate the UAN number for yourself instead of waiting for your employer to do so. Previously, the UAN generation had to be done by your employer,and this had to be done before the employer starts deducting the monthly Provident Fund contribution. Due to the numerous employees joining different companies every day, some with even similar names, the organization noticed details were being mismatched to the owner.
Steps to Activate your UAN Online
After registering your EPF UAN, you will also have to activate it online. Make use of the guide given below to perform this action with ease.
Visit EPFO’s Portal by typing in https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in on the search bar.
- Click on “Activate” UAN from the important links section.
- You will be redirected to a new page on the site from where you should enter the UAN number and EPF details.
- Fill in your PAN number and contact details before clicking on ‘Get Authorization Pin’ option.
- Enter the OTP before clicking on ‘Submit’ button. Your UAN will then b activated and linked to your EPF account.
To simplify this, EPFO launched the direct UAN allotment services using Aadhaar for their members. Indian employee scan now generate their UAN based on their Aadhaar number. Everyone is quite happy because both the employer and employee can save time and resources by using this method.