Procedure on Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Allotment in https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in website……
The Employee Provident Fund Organization has made it mandatory for all their members to link their Aadhaar number to their EPF account. This is after the organization has introduced most of their services online for their members. Services being offered online include PF account balance, PF statements,submitting online PF transfers, partial / full withdrawal of money from your PF account and many more.
Aadhaar is an essential document containing details like name, date of birth, address, photo, etc.. and is used for verification purposes for KYC. However, to enjoy all these services being offered, you have to link your Aadhaar number to your Universal Account Number.For members who also want to settle their claims fast and quickly, make sure that your bank details in your UAN interface have been authenticated to your Aadhaar number. This will ease the whole process of claim settlement.
All members can now get their Universal Account Number by themselves. Employee Provident Fund Organization recently launched another program known as the Aadhaar Based Universal Account Number(UAN) Allotment. For those employed at large firms with numerous workers, you will find that some companies may find it hard to generate a new UAN number to the new employee. This is due to various reasons like a mismatch when inputting data with Aadhaar. This leads to the process of generating the UAN number consuming lots of time and resources. To save the members from this hassle, the EPFO launched the Aadhaar Based UAN allotment program to assist them in generating the UAN number by themselves without the help of their employers.
How to verify Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Allotment in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in
Here is the procedure on how can get their Universal Account Number using the Aadhaar UAN Allotment.
- Visit the Employee Provident Fund Organization official website using this link;https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- On the top right-hand side of the homepage, select and click on the option ‘Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Allotment.’
- You will be redirected to a new page where you will be required to enter your Aadhaar Card Number and hit on the‘Submit’ option.
- A one-time password will be sent to your registered mobile number that you used while recording with the Aadhaar Card.Those who have not enrolled any mobile number with Aadhaar cannot generate their own UAN unless with the help of their employer.
- Enter the password sent in the respective field, tick on the disclaimer box and press the ‘Submit’ option.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you will see your all your details as you recorded them during Aadhaar Registration.
- Ensure that the details are correctly filled and enter the blank spaces asking you to enter details like Email address, marital status, and qualification. It is mandatory to fill in all the blank spaces to move forward.
- Also, confirm your KYC details like the name as per Aadhaar and the Aadhaar number and ensure they are accurate.
- You will then be required to enter information on the blank spaces marked red. The empty spaces have questions like E-mail address, marital status, qualifications, name, date of birth,gender, postal address and postal code, and father or husband name.
- Verify that all the information is relevant and accurate, enter the captcha code given below and enter a tick on the disclaimer box to agree to the terms and conditions of the organization.
- Finally, click on the option ‘Register.’
- A Universal Account Number will be allocated to you, and a message will be sent to your registered mobile number.
From the above procedure, we can see that it is easy to generate the UAN number for yourself instead of waiting for your employer to do so. Previously, the UAN generation had to be done by your employer,and this had to be done before the employer starts deducting the monthly Provident Fund contribution. Due to the numerous employees joining different companies every day, some with even similar names, the organization noticed details were being mismatched to the owner.
To simplify this, EPFO launched the direct UAN allotment services using Aadhaar for their members. Indian employee scan now generate their UAN based on their Aadhaar number. Everyone is quite happy because both the employer and employee can save time and resources by using this method.